PDA

View Full Version : Argh, i'm climbing the walls with frustration!

Tinglesnark
23-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I've had 2 enquiries for 2 sets of sisters and can only take one set.

set M are serious money, monday to friday termtime and holidays. Mum went for an interview for a good job and asked me to be her cm and could i hold the spot? i agreed, didnt ask for any money because - well lets face it, im pretty desperate at the mo! She should have heard by now, i havent got her number so cant find out until Friday

set W are 4 hours, 3 times a week. No competition for set M BUT it is still important work that i dont want to lose. This mum wants to start the week after next. She did have her chance a month ago but she changed her mind and now i feel bad because i have had to ask her to wait until set M can give me their answer as i gave set M my word that id keep the place...

really didnt forsee this happening - me? in demand?

not much i can do until tomorrow but i am one that wants to sort things out yesterday - i hate waiting for people and rarely actually do...
must sit on my hands...

argh! i hate gambling!

~Chelle~
23-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Hahahaha, you can't win hun can you, nothing for ages and now 2 at once.

Really hope you get set M, that would be fantastic for you.

Let me know how you get on, fingers crossed for you xxx

Tinglesnark
23-03-2011, 08:05 PM
lol i know! im really excited actually! wonder what will happen? we shall see - watch this space...

bexcee
23-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Parents are like buses!

Hope it all works out for you :)

Tinglesnark
23-03-2011, 09:47 PM
i managed to get hold of set M by calling around my friends lol! struck gold on the second call!
She "forgot" to let me know that she didnt get the job....sorry....

oh nice... thanks love! lol!

anyway i called parent w and have 2 little girls starting with me on the 8th!
YEAY!
AT LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!

I HAVE WORK!!!!

~Chelle~
23-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Well done hun, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo pleased for you. Give yourself a chance to settle them in then you can get Ofsted round and get graded :clapping: :clapping:

Sooooooooooooooo proud of you for not giving up, knew you could do it xxxx

Tinglesnark
23-03-2011, 10:41 PM
aww thanks chelle :thumbsup: i was giving up in my mind :laughing:
oh man im really pleased actually because this way i get mondays off to be with O and i dont start work until 12 when i pick C and L up from playschool and then we can have picnic lunches in the park on the way home - this is so exciting!
she is coming to sign on tuesday!
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :clapping: :clapping:

~Chelle~
24-03-2011, 07:40 AM
That is fab :thumbsup:

gegele
24-03-2011, 07:43 AM
well done and the weather is with you to make it a great start. :thumbsup:

hope you have loads of fun

well done again

Newbie1!
24-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Awww well done, am glad things are picking up - I am starting to see (from some enquiries I have had) that you are 9 out of 10 times best going with the ones that arent as good!! I know that sounds daft but so far Ive been in that situation three times and each time the one that sounded perfect (most hours, times etc) didnt get the job, changed hours etc etc and the other ones that were just a few hours here and there were thrilled to come to me!!!

What a roller coaster world this minding is!! Hope you have fun and lovely time of day to start! xx:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
24-03-2011, 09:16 AM
congratulations! I learnt the hard way not to 'hold' spaces for someone too - the amount of perfect enquiries that tell me they really want/need me - just wait until x y z to come through and i'll be back and they never do! :rolleyes:

caz3007
24-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Glad you have managed to get one family sorted and it sounds like a good contract, with time to do all the other 'stuff' we have to do