PDA

View Full Version : Started as such a nice day...

levason
23-03-2011, 01:42 PM
but I'm increasingly becoming stressed due to my own ds, he just isn't listening and it's driving me up the wall, he is 2yrs 5mths and is very forward with his speech and understanding and listens fine to his daddy most the time but sometimes I just feel like screaming and i feel like all im doing is saying 'c use your listening ears, stop doing that, no c' and it's getting on my nerves hearing my own voice all the time.

We were having a lovely time out side until he started chucking sand and it went everywhere, i told him nicely that we don't throw sand and explained as simply as I could why not, but he continued to do it in the end we came in but in the process he had a major tantrum, then setting off the 10mth old i have.

The other issue i have is because mindee is such a light sleeper and really hard to get off to sleep ds just won't play quietly, no matter what activity i give him, read a book, puzzle he always has to do it 'loudly' and therefore mindee naps are become difficult. he's good as gold for everyone else but at the moment he's really testing my patience!!! argghhhh!!!!!!! I love him to bits tho :D

JCrakers
23-03-2011, 02:20 PM
I feel for you as it must be hard. I dont think there is any good age for sharing Mum as my daughter is nearly 9yrs and plays me up all the time. :angry:

She asks for treats/snacks, interupts when i'm talking to parents, argues with me on the sch run really stressing me out, doesnt do a thing I say half the time, Calls the 6yr old I look after an idiot when they argue (did it in front of Mum this am)

All I can say is make sure you include him and give him lots of your time. Usually as a childminder you feel that your own child should take a back seat because you are getting paid but your own child needs as much attention when they are little. Also dont feel bad to be a bit harsher if needed. Its hard at 2.6yrs as they dont understand that you have to be shared amongst others...its a difficult age anyway.
Hope it passes with age
Becky x

Leanne59
23-03-2011, 06:37 PM
but I'm increasingly becoming stressed due to my own ds, he just isn't listening and it's driving me up the wall, he is 2yrs 5mths and is very forward with his speech and understanding and listens fine to his daddy most the time but sometimes I just feel like screaming and i feel like all im doing is saying 'c use your listening ears, stop doing that, no c' and it's getting on my nerves hearing my own voice all the time.

We were having a lovely time out side until he started chucking sand and it went everywhere, i told him nicely that we don't throw sand and explained as simply as I could why not, but he continued to do it in the end we came in but in the process he had a major tantrum, then setting off the 10mth old i have.

The other issue i have is because mindee is such a light sleeper and really hard to get off to sleep ds just won't play quietly, no matter what activity i give him, read a book, puzzle he always has to do it 'loudly' and therefore mindee naps are become difficult. he's good as gold for everyone else but at the moment he's really testing my patience!!! argghhhh!!!!!!! I love him to bits tho :D

Ill be watching this thread with great interst as my ds2 is the same age and going though the same stage!! so your not alone!!:D

kel1983
23-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I will also be watching this thread. The lo i mind is 2 and doesnt respond to "no"

Kimmy050983
23-03-2011, 07:44 PM
my LO is 2 years and nearly 4 months and is very testing at the moment too... :laughing: I think it´s a normal phase though :)

levason
23-03-2011, 07:52 PM
well thank god for that, though it was just my little monkey playing me up:laughing: At times he's as good as gold but other times he can be a right pain in the bottom!!

breezy
23-03-2011, 08:46 PM
sounds like the "terrible twos" :laughing:

mindee of 2 1/2 says no to everything and crys for his mum the second he doesnt get his own way, time out seems to help but not long term:(

bexcee
23-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a combination of the terrible twos and jealousy to me.

Maybe you could make the time when the little one naps as time just for him, tell him that if x has a nap then you and him can do something special that is just for big boys. Make him feel important and special and I'm sure he'll start to realise that listening to mum does pay off ;)

SammyM
23-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Have you thought about sending him to a Childminder??!! LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I sooooooo understand where you're coming from, my DD gets funding from Easter so I've just enrolled her for an extra mornings session at her kindergarten, leaving me to look after the paying customers!!! Does that make me a bad mom :rolleyes: :rolleyes: