PDA

View Full Version : Extra rate after school?

zoe compton
23-04-2008, 03:47 PM
hi, i am a newby and need some advice on fees please. Had a mum call today and she is looking for someone to have her girl from sept after school 3 days a week and then cover for inset days and school hols etc....i have my hourly rate set but that was for the children i was planning on having during the day....anyway what i'm trying to get at is do you charge more for after schoolers or do you charge the same rate? and then if you do charge more what rate do you use in the hols? hope that makes sense?:)

jaja
23-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi

I charge a flat fee of £3.00 who ever they are, and however long i have them. however i do know childminders who charge a higher rate after school. it all depends on what you want to do and also what others are doing, you dont want to be at a higher rate than other local childminders.

good luck

xxx:littleangel:

cherry
23-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Zoe

I also charge the same rate for after school children

zoe compton
23-04-2008, 04:06 PM
thanks for the help ladies:D

sarah707
23-04-2008, 04:45 PM
You need to guage your after school rate from what the local clubs are charging... and show parents how you offer better value than them by the activities you do and the meals you provide. :D

mumtodaniel
24-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I agree with Sarah, we have an after school club, so I have reduced mine slightly, give better food than afterschool club, who only have microwave, and of course more personal attention, and fun.

Maureen