PDA

View Full Version : Food Expenses

Annelize
22-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Hi,
Wondering how everyone does their food expenses? Do you just work out a percentage of what you buy or do you buy everything you will use for the children you childmind separately (and if you do it this way how do you control it), specially with things like cleaning products to was up for example the plates and forks and things?
I have a child that will be in my care 5 days a week for 10 hours a day, I will provide her with lunch, tea and all her snacks.
Any tips and advise would be appreciated. Only been registered since Feb and just a bit unsure.
Thank You
Bubble and Squeak x

Chatterbox Childcare
22-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Have a look back through the bookeeping section and you will see a differing of opinions on the subject.

At the end of the day you can claim whichever way you feel happy with as long as you can jusifty the claim if questioned

JCrakers
23-03-2011, 12:17 PM
When I first started childminding I kept minding food seperate form home, so I had a trolley with a basket in. After 2weeks of minding I realised this wasnt going to work as food was getting wasted when children were ill etc, My kids would eat minding food and it was just a pain.
If i had chicken in the fridge that needed using or I needed some fish fingers for my own two children but they were minding fish fingers....what a nightmare.:o

So now I just charge a food price for each child. This way I can look back over my register, see who was here and work out accordingly. Tea/lunch/snacks are all put down as a price.
Works a lot better for me...I like to make life simple:D
becky x