PDA

View Full Version : assitants and increase in numbers, any ideas?

jaja
23-04-2008, 03:27 PM
hi

i am trying to wirte a letter to ofsted to increase my numbers so i can accomodate 2 sets of parents who would need me in sep, i would need to have at least 6 under 8, and 2 under 5, have a dd whos 2 and ds whos 6. the increase would mean i could look after both sets of children.

plus i want to register my hubby as an assistant because i would hopefully like him to do one school run while i attend the other as both sets go to different schools and break up at the same time, but i am the nearest childminder to the village that will collect from that school! hope i havent confused you !!!

What should i cinclude in the letter to give me the best chance of getting a yes back? any ideas very welcome

ta

jen

xx

sarah707
23-04-2008, 04:51 PM
I would give them a ring and ask - 08456 404040

I would imagine you will need to show you can look after each child properly with so many, that your car is big enough to cope, that you have a big enough house etc... but I would check it all out.

Plus you'll need to find out what you need to do to get husband registered as an assistant.

Good luck! :D

Donkey
23-04-2008, 05:33 PM
i was told that assistants can't be left unsupervised???

so it would mean he would have to be regged in his own right to do school run, is that right??

Tily Bud
23-04-2008, 05:44 PM
My husband is registered as my assistant and he can be left in sole charge with parent's written permission xx

John
23-04-2008, 10:07 PM
i was told that assistants can't be left unsupervised???

so it would mean he would have to be regged in his own right to do school run, is that right??

I was told by ofsted that an assistent can look after a child/ren for 2 hours for the other childminder to go to a short appointments or school runs. and was told that your number of children may drop too as it goes on the room space and another adult will be useing that space.

John.