PDA

View Full Version : anyone moved house?

newandlearning
22-03-2011, 05:53 PM
hi all..

I live as a single parent and would really like to move homes.. I'm just wondering how to do that whilst still childminding?

I want to at least move to the other kind of town which means some parents won't want to use me anymore.. and I don't know how I could justify a mortgage when moving could give me no income for a while.

has anyone else moved out of their area.. and if so did you keep your children, try advertising in new area before move .. or anything else?:)

I really would love to move...x

PixiePetal
22-03-2011, 06:14 PM
I moved, but only 4 miles away from old house.

I had 6 mindees, 2 were leaving to go to school anyway, 2 left through other family circumstances, one went to a nursery instead so I was left with 1!

Took a while to build up again and don't think I could have done it if I was the only earner - luckily I had DH to keep me :o I moved at the end of July term, was ready to open after summer hols (the child that came with me is term time only) but took till after Christmas to get more mindees :(

I now have 4 part timers.

sorry if that sounds bad but just telling you my side of things.

RachelE
22-03-2011, 06:46 PM
We moved nearly 3 years ago.

We've moved about 130 miles away.

As soon as I moved I sent a detailed RA to Ofsted and they were happy with that.

I'm lucky that I live in area that is very short on childcare, so quickly filled my places up. - I told me coordinator as soon as we moved that I had spaces.

It is daunting, but you're children are never guarenteed wherever you are - you dont know whats around the corner.

I havent looked back since!

Good luck,
Rachel x

funemnx
22-03-2011, 07:30 PM
I moved but it was 11 years ago, so had to be re-inspected. I was unable to advertise for 6 months so did a few regular domestic cleaning jobs plus I also worked for Tesco part-time while I was childminding before and re-located to another store. I got some mindees and gave up the cleaning just over a year after I moved and gave up the Tesco about 2 years after that. These days you don't need to be re-inspected when you move so it should be a lot quicker. I was glad I had the back-up Tesco and cleaning though to tide me over!