PDA

View Full Version : Term time only help

dmez
22-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Hello,

I have a parent coming to visit that requires childcare 2 days a week, term time only.

I charge £5.00p/h and have no idea how this will work when it comes to the school holidays, how do I know that after the holidays the mother is going to continue paying me and also am i best of asking for payment in advance?

Pls help x

grindal
22-03-2011, 02:44 PM
You can either ask for a retainer to cover school holidays (usually 50% of normal fees) or do what I do and increase your hourly charge. Some minders also calculate fees so that parents pay the same fee every month. I do not bother with this. My fees are term time only and parents pay according to how many days a month they use me.

The Juggler
22-03-2011, 10:42 PM
you could charge a retainer for the school hols as suggested already but they still have to give a month's notice so unless it's the long summer holiday it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't charge for school hols for my term-time contracts. There is no guarantee but there never is hon x

juliesfabfour
22-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I charge full fee during term time and half a fee during school hols.

I calculate the amount over a 48 week year as I take 4 weeks annual hol and have a fixed amount calendar monthly. It's very easy to calculate and parents set up a standing order so the money is in my account on the 1st of every month.