PDA

View Full Version : anyone got tough over sickness?

candy cat
22-03-2011, 01:42 PM
I am off sick......both my ds caught flu from mindee who had it last week.....She was so ill mum turned up at normal time :angry: ill through night and yes...you guessed it sent the next day....not realising calpol was masking temp and within a couple of hours raging temp again!....couldn't give anything as nothing in book to say what had been given etc. I wasn't happy to take her,mum knew this and was out the door like flash!!......I know I should have been really strict......anyway when she picked her up she was baking hot ....then questioned why I hadn't given her calpol!:angry:

Anyway i have had to let parents down yesterday and today losing £100...not just about the money....I am always honest with them why can't they with me:( I have sat and done a polite letter telling them I am getting fed up about children coming when ill etc (of course all in policies)

Has anyone done it or am i going to p' them off of is it a case of tough if I do! x

Milli147
22-03-2011, 01:51 PM
I think you are doing the right thing. I am also a total hypocrite because I spent the winter wanting to write that letter too, but didn't have the nerve!
I was only probably 100% well for about 2 weeks since September, mostly due to catching cough after cough after cold but also a couple of of d&v's for good measure!
Your parents will be able to see what the result of them sending a sick child in is i.e. you are unable to work, so hopefully they will be a bit more considerate.
I always feel sorry for the parents who DON'T send their child when they are ill, and then they catch something again the following week from the child who has come in poorly. It is so disrespectful.
I have a friend who used childcare for her son, and she argues that she HAD to go to work and he was safe and loved within the setting, even if dosed up on calpol! I can no longer have this conversation with her, or it will be the end of a beautiful friendship!!:D

grindal
22-03-2011, 02:04 PM
I phoned a los mum on Friday and asked her to come and collect. When Dad dropped her off in the morning he said she had been up for most of the night. She was clearly unwell, spent the morning crying, and by lunch time I decided enough was enough and asked mum to come and collect.