PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Infection

VINASOL
22-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Well, mindee (4) all the time says she has an itchy bottom; is always sending off lots of smelly farts etc and I did a little research and thought one of the things could be threadworm. Of course it could be a million other things....anyway, at the moment three of my mindees are off sick (my own DD and above mindee and her brother are OK).

I make sure all the children wash their hands after using the toilet (I mind 7 children in the mornings), they each have their own flannel and towel and are all colour coded (with their bowls, plates, cups and cutlery) so to reduce infection. I do send a few of them back up the stairs and wash their hands when they forget.

yesterday, I mentioned to a parent that I was using the hand sterilirsing gel more now to reduce amount of infection in my house. Told her that as soon as kids arrive they need to put it on and one of the things I was concerned about was threadworm...anyways, she said 'oh don't mind us, we get it ALL the time':eek:

It would have been nice to have been told???

Anyways, I'm upping my usage as I said and apart from cleaning toys etc, is there anythign else I can do to reduce infection? (probably silly question really)....

angeldelight
22-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Well, mindee (4) all the time says she has an itchy bottom; is always sending off lots of smelly farts etc and I did a little research and thought one of the things could be threadworm. Of course it could be a million other things....anyway, at the moment three of my mindees are off sick (my own DD and above mindee and her brother are OK).

I make sure all the children wash their hands after using the toilet (I mind 7 children in the mornings), they each have their own flannel and towel and are all colour coded (with their bowls, plates, cups and cutlery) so to reduce infection. I do send a few of them back up the stairs and wash their hands when they forget.

yesterday, I mentioned to a parent that I was using the hand sterilirsing gel more now to reduce amount of infection in my house. Told her that as soon as kids arrive they need to put it on and one of the things I was concerned about was threadworm...anyways, she said 'oh don't mind us, we get it ALL the time':eek:

It would have been nice to have been told???

Anyways, I'm upping my usage as I said and apart from cleaning toys etc, is there anythign else I can do to reduce infection? (probably silly question really)....

Oh that was nice of her to tell you in passing :eek: :eek:

I think you are doing everything right - maybe just a word to parents to explain that they do need to inform you if their children have this

Some more information here about Personal Hygiene

http://www.hygieneexpert.co.uk/personal-hygiene-and-threadworms.html

Angel xx

nicoleon
22-03-2011, 12:39 PM
I can't believe she didn't tell you :eek: When dealing with threadworms it's really important that all finger nails are kept super short as the eggs are most commonly transferred because they are stuck under the nails... something i read in an nhs leaflet... gel and handwashing doesn't really get under there iykwim x

Helen79
22-03-2011, 01:01 PM
If mindee's have threadworms then it's best to throw away things like sand and playdough at the end of each day. Which can be very expensive so I would ask mum to let you know everytime mindee has threadworms so you can prevent it spreading.

VINASOL
22-03-2011, 02:37 PM
If mindee's have threadworms then it's best to throw away things like sand and playdough at the end of each day. Which can be very expensive so I would ask mum to let you know everytime mindee has threadworms so you can prevent it spreading.

oh theyve been playing with playdo this week...so think i might just bin it to be on he safe side!

i am going to buy a nail brush thingi too and ask htem to do that every time they was their hands...id rather they think i'm ocd then having all this stuff around!

VINASOL
22-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Oh that was nice of her to tell you in passing :eek: :eek:

I think you are doing everything right - maybe just a word to parents to explain that they do need to inform you if their children have this

Some more information here about Personal Hygiene

http://www.hygieneexpert.co.uk/personal-hygiene-and-threadworms.html

Angel xx

thanks for that Angel...am going to print it out and give a copy to parents too