PDA

View Full Version : references

shelbybla
22-03-2011, 11:20 AM
i am just on starting the mammoth task of filling in the registration forms and am confused as to what/who we need as references. my current employer is the company which is Orange and has nothing to do with childcare? the whole reason for me going back into childcare is because i hate the run of the mill stuck in an office job. my previous nursey position i had was as a baby room leader and the nursery has since closed (so i cant get a reference from them) argggh i am waffling on but i want to get the forms all right :angry:

nicoleon
22-03-2011, 01:04 PM
It's absolutely fine to use a non childminding related referee. it;s mainly to judge your character :thumbsup: I used one old reference from when I was a nanny years ago and one from my most recent employer which was in a sales office.

shelbybla
22-03-2011, 03:27 PM
thankyou :) my head has turned to mush.... information overload coffee time i think :eek:

Kezzle
22-03-2011, 04:28 PM
I was going to ask the teacher i help on mondays and my boyfriends gran... as she is also my landlord. So i think one can judge me on how i work with children the other can just judge me :)

~Grasshopper~
23-03-2011, 07:53 AM
hi

i got my 2 best friends to do mine, they are both also senior management at work. it was nothing to do with childcare though, they both gae me such amazing references i cried when i got them :)

i asked them not to contact work directly for a reference as i was on maternity leave and didnt want HR to know.:laughing:
x