PDA

View Full Version : Husbands/Partners and holidays

JennyM
21-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Hi all

I am just starting up and working out how much holiday I will take etc.

My Husband gets five weeks holiday plus three days at Christmas. Obviously I will take my holiday to match his but I won't be taking as much holiday as he gets.

I just wondered, what do your partners do when they have days off but you are working and the minded children are in your house?

Mine reckons he will hide in our bedroom, forgetting a child may need to be sleeping in there! :D

little miss chatterbox
21-03-2011, 10:15 PM
mine hides in the study!

snufflepuff
21-03-2011, 10:46 PM
My OH took a few days off in the summer while I was working and we took the children on outings. We had three one year olds plus a five year old most days so it would have been extremely hard to take them on outings on my own and I would have had to stick to the usual park/ library etc. He enjoyed himself. It was also good for him to see just how hard my job is at times!

The Juggler
21-03-2011, 10:52 PM
DIY ( I head out for the day) or takes my kids out somewhere for the day.:thumbsup:

angeldelight
21-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Mine hides in the shed ha ha

Keeps himself busy usually with the huge list of jobs I have for him :laughing:

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
22-03-2011, 07:16 AM
The only time me and HIM co-incide is when I force him or Xmas! lol

other than that he carries on working! lol

mama2three
22-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I tend to make myself scarce on the very rare occasion T is at home - working from home though not on hols. Dont think I could cope with the increased stress of having him around tbh!

grindal
22-03-2011, 08:28 AM
I find it quite hard when DH is around and I am minding. Does not happen often, as I work term time only and he is a teacher. He tends to want to do the school runs with DS1 and 2 which kind of destroys our normal routine. He then tends to spend the rest of the day in the front room playing on the wii and irritating me cos he does nothing more productive!!

mrs_scottydog
22-03-2011, 08:35 AM
My DH took a holiday a couple of weeks ago, he also does the occasional night shifts then he's home the next day. We still go out to the usual groups etc that we do. My DH tends to spend his time off doing his own thing, normally out in his workshop doing all the things he normally doesn't have time for! He also sometimes takes my DS out so I only have my mindees, or we all go out to the forest. So I guess it depends what he wants to do! Last time he was on holiday by the end of the week I think he was looking forward to back to work! Hx

MaryMary
22-03-2011, 10:08 AM
It depends who I have got! :D

If it is the 2 1/2 yo, who is smart & funny and a joy to be around, we might go out together, or we play indoors. When it comes to after school he does an amazing disappearing act!! :laughing: :laughing: Can't say I blame him - I wish I could do the same sometimes :panic: The dog gets some really long walks on these occassions!

bexcee
22-03-2011, 10:22 AM
It depends who I have got! :D

If it is the 2 1/2 yo, who is smart & funny and a joy to be around, we might go out together, or we play indoors. When it comes to after school he does an amazing disappearing act!! :laughing: :laughing: Can't say I blame him - I wish I could do the same sometimes :panic: The dog gets some really long walks on these occassions!

I know what you mean! I count the minutes down (literally) until one after schoolie goes :blush: and if hubby is around he stays well out of the way whereas during the day he will play and interact with the toddlers for a bit.

nicoleon
22-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Mine is hiding upstairs or does the long dog walk trick! it's a huge pain if he is here while i'm minding. routine goes out of the window and it's sooooo messy!!!! he is far messier than all the kids together :laughing: :laughing:

amanda1309
22-03-2011, 05:40 PM
my DH works 3 weeks on 2 weeks off, so he's around a lot.

He plays a lot of golf:laughing:

He helps out loads too.
We go out with the mindees with the dog and our wellies.
He picks up DD from school so I can stay home with sleeping babies.
He rolls the floor with the older ones and gets them hyper.

miffy
22-03-2011, 05:45 PM
It varies - sometimes he hides in the garage and sometimes we take the children out.

He likes being around the mindees and they love him too, mostly because he's soft and they can get away with murder! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

SammyM
22-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Depends, if it's sch hols he tends to take our own children out, giving them some precious daddy time, leaving me to mind the paying customers!!

nic t
22-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately dh is self-employed too so rarely (if ever!) takes holiday. :(

hayleychildcare
22-03-2011, 07:12 PM
my OH works shifts so is a complete pain when he is here.

If he has a day off i try and convince him to go out but sometimes he comes up with the bright idea of spending the day with me :panic:

He is a complete pain if he stays with me.

He complains about the noise, the mess and he even has a major dislike to one of the mindees (aged 3) and know where he is coming from :blush:

funemnx
22-03-2011, 07:13 PM
My DH is on his second week of 2 weeks off. As in the past, at the beginning, I think, oh lovely, he can help with the housework and have dinner cooking for when I finish (especially as I've been poorly last week and this week and STILL working!)

In reality, he's in the study, or out in town or watching sport on the telly, the kids all like him as he's so easy going - but I REALLY wish he'd help out more!!!! :cool:

keatingschick
22-03-2011, 07:36 PM
My hubby is self-employed and so only takes holidays when we are going somewhere, so he is rarely here when I am minding (except when he finishes at night he finishes before me and so he goes and gets showered and changed etc).
But he wouldnt be able to stop in, he doesnt know how I do this job:laughing: