PDA

View Full Version : foul nappies (please don't read if eating!)

charliegee
21-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone - just to say first off I'm just posting this as I am quite worried about this little one and didn't know who else to ask but the lovely forum but apologies this is a bit graphic!

I was wondering if anyone had experience with very very foul smelling very soft nappies (for want of a better word!:blush: )

I have a little one who has rather unuaual nappies.

They are age two and have simply very very foul smelling, strong nappies. - and have a "motion" always within an hour of eating anything at all. it is so soft it is like a very young babies nappy:blush:

their digestive system is particuarly loud too and sometimes nappies can be near enough liquid:blush:

- If I didn't know the child / their nappy habits well I would suspect diarroreah (sorry bad spelling!) but this is what their nappies are like all the time

does anyone else have experience of this - I've chatted to parents but they just say "oh yes" and don't seem to think anything of it?

xxx

Playmate
21-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I have a child like this, I have put it down to toddler diarrhoea which infact is very common. It is something they grow out of, but often not till 4 or 5. You may want to keep a food diary, quite often you can see a pattern and tweek the diet accordingly. hth:D

charlie potato
21-03-2011, 04:15 PM
my son was exactly the same and has various intolerances including dairy. If i was concerned i would advise mum to discuss with doctor and maybe get a stool sample to rule anything else out. xx

rickysmiths
21-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I looked after a little girl exactly like this from 6mths old to 5yr. I advised her parents to go to the doctor to check out food allergies and gluten allergy but noothing happened. She was the same when she left a 5 bless her. She ate so well and such a variety of food.

marnieb
21-03-2011, 04:33 PM
I have 2 like this - both 19 month old boys - and they've had runny nappies for as long as I've had them. Too much milk makes them a lot worse, I've found!!!

charliegee
22-03-2011, 08:54 AM
thanks everyone - I did have another chat with dad at pick up - although he didn't seem to be concerned.

He is happy for me to record a food diary to track it all and see if anypattern.

little one is happy in self though but nappies are almost pure liquid - nothing solid about them (sorry for anyone eating!!):blush:

wonderful forum - thanks for your support xxx