PDA

View Full Version : bank holidays

crazyhazy
21-03-2011, 02:51 PM
How do you work these out? In my contracts it says £5 per hour for bank holidays, but doesn't explain further? Is this the charge if I decide to work them? If I'm not working does it count as a holiday (I don't get paid for my hols) or do I get paid normal rate as it's a bank holiday? Am getting myself all confused and trying to do aprils invoices and not sure what to do lol

Thanks x

Pipsqueak
21-03-2011, 02:57 PM
How have you set your contracts out? If you have stated BH's at £5 then that is what you charge if you are working.

I charge normal fee but don't work BH's however if I am working the fee is double.

funfunfun
21-03-2011, 03:06 PM
I dont work BH's therefore dont charge :D

jane5
21-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I have in my contracts that I am available to work (I really dont want to and pray I wont get asked to) and if you do not bring your child then full fee is still payable and if you do want me to work then double fee is charged.
If I do get asked to work then it would be charged at their full contracted 10 hours as I would not work for a couple of hours and I would be charging double so that would soften the blow:thumbsup:

flowerpots
21-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I have in my contracts that I am available to work (I really dont want to and pray I wont get asked to) and if you do not bring your child then full fee is still payable and if you do want me to work then double fee is charged.
If I do get asked to work then it would be charged at their full contracted 10 hours as I would not work for a couple of hours and I would be charging double so that would soften the blow:thumbsup:

yes, this is what i do. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: