PDA

View Full Version : Exclusively for mindees?

venus89
23-04-2008, 11:38 AM
In the NCMA handbook it says that things you buy that you use exclusively for chidminding (eg toys,equipment) can be offset against tax.

How to-the-letter do we need to take those intructions? I have things I buy for the childminding I wouldn't have otherwise bought but which my kids then use too, like garden toys. As I bought it for the business is it ok to claim it as a taxable expense?

Delly
23-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I would say so yes, I intend to anyhow.

venus89
23-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh that's good, because I want my ones to feel they can join in with the mindees, and they lend their toys to the cause so it seems only fair.

Delly
23-04-2008, 11:51 AM
yes exactly, I think if its not a major excessive amount the tax man won't question it.

venus89
23-04-2008, 11:55 AM
So I can't get away with getting one of those lovely big wooden forts or anything then? Shame....

bubbly
23-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I would definitely claim for something like that

sarah707
23-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Just ask yourself... if the tax man came round tomorrow and questioned your spending / expenses, would you be able to justify it? :D

venus89
23-04-2008, 12:48 PM
"Why yes, nice Mr Taxman, of COURSE the children just have to have a Wii. yes, I know they're only a few months old but in this day in age they neaded to be practically weaned by a computer in order to survive at school. It's a competeitive computer oriented world out there you know.... Would you like more whisky?"

Twinkles
23-04-2008, 12:56 PM
"Why yes, nice Mr Taxman, of COURSE the children just have to have a Wii. yes, I know they're only a few months old but in this day in age they neaded to be practically weaned by a computer in order to survive at school. It's a competeitive computer oriented world out there you know.... Would you like more whisky?"

:laughing: :laughing:

ma7ie
23-04-2008, 12:56 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You'll be fine with that line.:D

sarah707
23-04-2008, 01:16 PM

Wonderful! :laughing:

ruby
23-04-2008, 02:29 PM
very funny:laughing:

cathy

salamanda
23-04-2008, 08:14 PM
You girls are funny.....i haven't registered as a childminder yet but think its great that you can all have a laugh and help each other out. Hope to be one of you lot soon.:)

sarah707
23-04-2008, 08:16 PM
You girls are funny.....i haven't registered as a childminder yet but think its great that you can all have a laugh and help each other out. Hope to be one of you lot soon.:)

Hi there and welcome!!

We do try and have a laugh ... tax can be a bit of a dry subject otherwise! :laughing:

Don't forget to pop into say hello and introduce yourself! :D

Blaze
23-04-2008, 08:22 PM
:laughing:

nannan
23-04-2008, 09:18 PM
quite agree that line will work every time. especially as we have the new eyfs coming up and we have to have the little ones up to scratch.haha, a new dslite with brain training will go down well with the taxman as well.