PDA

View Full Version : preparing current mindees for new mindees...what do you all do?

arly
20-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Im doing my self assessment at the moment and just wondering how you all prepare current mindees for new starts? I have just started minding and only really have had to introduce new mindees to my own sons so its all just been verbal.

mushpea
20-03-2011, 09:00 PM
I normaly say we have x coming to play with us today,,, then carry on as normal , I dont change my routine or anything that would seem different to the ususal mindees then they dont think anything different is happening and things go resonably smoothly.

Mouse
20-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I try to make sure that one of the settling in sessions is done on a day of the week when the new mindee would be attending, so they get to meet the current mindees that they will be with.

I'll then mention to current mindees that X will be coming the next day, or whenever, but I don't go into it much more than that. Apart from 1, my current mindees are all 1yr olds, so there's no point having much of a conversation about it beforehand!

Hebs
20-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I normaly say we have x coming to play with us today,,, then carry on as normal , I dont change my routine or anything that would seem different to the ususal mindees then they dont think anything different is happening and things go resonably smoothly.

ditto :thumbsup:

miffy
20-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I try to make sure that one of the settling in sessions is done on a day of the week when the new mindee would be attending, so they get to meet the current mindees that they will be with.

I do this too because I like to see if they all gel together or not.

Like Mouse, I'll tell the mindees we have someone new coming to play - sometimes they will already have seen lo when they visited with parents so not always a total surprise.

Miffy xx

RainbowMum
20-03-2011, 09:19 PM
^^^^^ What they said^^^^^ :)

bexcee
20-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Same as above!

onceinabluemoon
21-03-2011, 06:36 AM
ditto!!!!!

arly
21-03-2011, 01:21 PM
thank you all for the feedback i will just continue what im doing and keep it verbal. :D

Alibali
21-03-2011, 02:15 PM
I do as the others too, but I also read books about 'new friends' and id new parents agree I like to put a photo of new mindee beside my others so the lo's get used to seeing it. I have also in the past gone to meet the new mindee with my current ones and had a play date:thumbsup: