PDA

View Full Version : Short Term Variation

lma
20-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi just wondered if any of you lovely people had been granted a short term variation for the following situation:

I am off on holiday in may for 2 weeks and I informed my parents of this holiday back in October when I booked and and at the start of the year when I gave them all my holidays for the year.

One of my parents has asked me to see if my back-up childminder would be able to care for her child as she used up all her leave in feb flying home to care for her father after her mother passed away. She has no family or friend who can help so is desperate.

My back-up is willing to do this but is just a bit hazy as to whether ofsted would grant a variation for another childminders holiday and she has 3 full timers at the moment too??? Mother is really worried. Any advice would be really appreciate as shes a really nice person so I would really like to help her if I can.

Thanks

sarah707
20-03-2011, 08:12 PM
All your friend can do is ask... it's never a given with Ofsted.

however it might take a while for the variation to come through and if it is then turned down parents might not have long left to look elsewhere.

Do you know anyone who has vacancies?

Good luck! :D

Deb
20-03-2011, 08:33 PM
You can ask. Do you know any other minders? Could they spend the time with your co-minder so that the chidl is with someone they know but neither minder is over their numbers?

If not, someone is going to have to take parental leave, unpaid, from work.