PDA

View Full Version : Another question (sorry)

bubbly
23-04-2008, 10:45 AM
I keep thinking up things to ask!

During inspection would it be ok to leave the almost-4-year-old sleeping on the sofa in the conservatory whilst I put baby upstairs for his nap or should I wake her and sit at the bottom of the stairs? It'd be a shame to wake her but I want to do what's right.

Mollymop
23-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Leave her where is is, bless her! Ofsted can't expect you to ruin the tots nap just cos you have to nip upstairs.

sarah707
23-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Awww bless! Leave her be... just show you have cushions down etc in case she falls and if questioned explain you have talked to her about what to do if you're not there in case she panics :D

bubbly
23-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

I'm having a trial run today & not being very successful :panic:

My own son will be off school the rest of the week with chicken pox & I'm having a nightmare keeping everyone together in the same room. I think it's going to be impossible during inspection as all my downstairs rooms lead off one another. I can't keep legging it after them with baby in tow.

Tatia
23-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Can you put up a baby gate? I have a typical Victorian, front room, dining room behind it and then the kitchen. If the older children want a break and play quietly in the living room and I am in the dining room (which is also play room) with the LOs, I'll put up a gate (one that doesn't attach to the wall permanently) to keep them contained with me.

bubbly
23-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Unfortunately I can't put up a gate because I have double-doors which are too wide.

Fandangles
23-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Could you see if someone you know has one of those playpens that converts into a barrier as this would stretch over your double doors.

miffy
24-04-2008, 06:38 AM
If you're in one room playing with the children they'll probably stay close to you anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much

miffy xx