PDA

View Full Version : Strange Phonecall.

crazybones
23-04-2008, 10:38 AM
I have just had a phonecall on my mobile saying it was Lancashire Police services. He went on to ask what the nature of my business was and would I like to advertise in their magazine to raise money for the Police. I was already flapping that the police had called so didnt know what to say other than How much? he said £125 per year but I would be the only childminding business promoted in the Magazine. I just said no thanks I live in Merseyside not Lancashire and thats too much money. He said ok bye!

It just unnerved me now and the number was witheld. I dont know where he got my mobile number from.

berkschick
23-04-2008, 10:41 AM
I have had the same phonecall.

They are really naughty!

ma7ie
23-04-2008, 10:41 AM
That does sound weird. Could you not call your service provider and ask them if they could trace the call.

littlesprogs
23-04-2008, 10:47 AM
i have had this call before too. They probably got your number off the internet. I got loads of stupid calls like that after advertising on yell.com

Mollymop
23-04-2008, 10:47 AM
That is strange, especially seeing as though it is not even for advertising in your area.
I make sure I don't put my mobile phone number on anything, applications, forms, internet registrations, etc, as anyone can get hold of it.

crazybones
23-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I am glad I am not the only one then. Makes me feel better.:D

Blaze
23-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I had the same call a few months back!:rolleyes:

Teresa
23-04-2008, 11:14 AM
i had a simular phone call a few weeks ago.

angeldelight
23-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I have never heard of it and would have been worried also

Angel xxx

yummymummy
23-04-2008, 01:26 PM
My husband is self employed in the building trade. He has had similar and passed it on to his trade body. They are rip off merchants, they say police benevolent fund or fire services etc but the services have never heard of them. They either produce a little thin leaflet that they post in about 20 houses or just take the money and run. One of husnbands friends was invoiced even though he didn't want it and threatened with court but they gave up in the end. They get your details from yellow pages, thomson or internet so don't worry nothing sinister or personal just your usual conmen!