PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day ideas

snufflepuff
19-03-2011, 11:38 AM
What are you all doing with mindees for their Mum's for Mother's day?
My mindee and son have both just turned two so i'm after something that's not too complicated. Last year I made a flower out of their handprints and stuck a photo of them in the centre.

appleblossom
19-03-2011, 04:41 PM
We're doing the wooden coasters from Crafty Crocodiles. I have one 22m child, one 23 m child and one four year old. Using paint they can decorate them and my 14 yr old will varnish them. (He likes to feel useful). We'll probably do something else too but I haven't decided on that yet.

onceinabluemoon
19-03-2011, 04:42 PM
What are you all doing with mindees for their Mum's for Mother's day?
My mindee and son have both just turned two so i'm after something that's not too complicated. Last year I made a flower out of their handprints and stuck a photo of them in the centre.

Heehee we're doing this, I thought I was so clever thinking up such a brilliant idea, lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rjowens101
19-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I have 2 x 20m olds and a 12m old and am too looking for inspiration please

Leanne59
19-03-2011, 05:40 PM
In wilkinsons they are selling cookie cutters that say I love (heart) Mum for £2 could use them as a stencil and glue and stick things in for a card!

HTH:D

gegele
19-03-2011, 06:41 PM
we planted some geranium as they're quiet resilliant :D

at the mo they're in 3 big pot teh little ones planted them but as some part timer and after schoolies weren't there i put plant with and i will retransfer in individual pots that we will decorate

i'm also doing heart string and i'm doing something witth their hand print with my sewing machine.:D i am compensating for the fact thta i didn't do much for christmas as i was run down and so ill. i have so many ideas for mothers day as it's easy for mums....dads however i'm struggling:thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
19-03-2011, 06:58 PM
peppermint creams are easy to make, or how about little cakes?

You could plant a bulb in a hand decorated pot perhaps?

Or how about a lovely photo of mindee doing something fab in a pretty photo frame?

caz3007
19-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Dare I say it, my older ones did stuff in half term. They are only here for an hour after school and we have tea during that time, so no time to set up things like that and they never want to do it. They made bookmarks and cards and fridge magnets and they are all sitting on my mantlepiece in big envelopes waiting for the day.

The little ones are going to do hand print pics and I will laminate. plus I got some colour in cards for them from crafty crocodiles. Ok they wont be coloured in, but the thought is there.

blue bear
19-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Mine have glued flower decorations on cards and on flower pots we planted bulbs in, the have painted wooden flower photo frames from CC and I have some lovely vases I thought we could paint with paint and pva glue to make a glass paint effect, we did it for divalli with baby food jars and put tea lights in they were really effective.

mushpea
19-03-2011, 07:42 PM
we got some 'mum' scratch lettering from craft crocodiles and i will probably do heart biscuits or baking and maybe flowers
BUT
i have a parent that kills every plant she gets (by mistake) and is diabetic so I am struggling to do somthing for this parent any suggestions gratefully recived!

Chell
19-03-2011, 07:56 PM
All the children made daffodils for St Davids Day with rolled green paper for stems, they coloured in the leaves and we used egg boxes. I've kept them in a vase on my window sill. They'll take them home ready for Mother's Day.

I bought some key rings and badges (Crafty Crocodiles) that the older children might like to do. I might do a handprint daffodil on a card with the younger children.

It's a small world
19-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I am doing plants/flowers in plastic bottles (got the idea on here I think) also doing shilouette pictures and framing them ,,oh and a card too x

miffy
19-03-2011, 09:52 PM
We are decorating some heart shaped candles then putting them in little organza bags I bought from crafty crocodiles.

The littlies will decorate heart shapes then I'll laminate them and tie ribbon to them so they can be hung up

Last year we painted plant pots and then put pansies in them.

Miffy xx

Newbie1!
20-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Well, we have all sorts to work on, all courtesy of Crafty Crocodiles!!

We are painting the coasters same as appleblossom, I also bought some t-shirt shaped key rings which the littlies are colouring in and sticking "mum" stickers on, I also bought some alphabet beads so will be making mummy keyrings to attach to the t-shirt ones :)

Dreading fathers day tho!!!! :rolleyes:

miffy
20-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Dreading fathers day tho!!!! :rolleyes:

For Father's Day I've bought the photo wooden pen pots from Crafty Crocodiles for them to paint and decorate

Miffy xx

Tam's Tribe
20-03-2011, 01:09 PM
The under 5s and I are making cushions (from Baker Ross) for mummy, as well as cards!

The before and after schoolers are making mummy a decorated foam bag and a card!

We are also gonna bake heart shaped cakes, but I bet they dont make it home :laughing:

I am soooooo excited about our mothers day and easter activities.

Have fun everybody!

Kes
20-03-2011, 03:16 PM
For cards I'm repeating what I did last year as my mindees I have now were'nt here then. I am getting them to decorate a card in the shape of a tea cup and popping a posh tea bag inside for the mums to drink.

samb
20-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I bought some cute little wooden buttefly clip things on a spring (sorry can't explain!) today in Hobbycraft for 74p each. Planning on decorating them with my 1 and 2 yr old mindees.

snufflepuff
20-03-2011, 08:24 PM
I am getting them to decorate a card in the shape of a tea cup and popping a posh tea bag inside for the mums to drink.

I LOVE this idea!

I got my son to paint some plain wooden photo frames today for his Granny and Nanny, so i'll get mindee to do one this week too and pop a nice photo in there. And will probably do some baking, found some heart shaped cutters when we cleared out the garage yesterday so i'll put them to use.

morgana
11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
I have 2 x 20m olds and a 12m old and am too looking for inspiration please

I have 5/6 yr olds we made bath bombs and made a basket from parts of an egg carton. baby will do hand prints and I will pop a photo of one of their activities in the center