PDA

View Full Version : not a good day

Bevbeetle
18-03-2011, 08:11 PM
one of my mindees only 2 been great alday 10 mins b4 mum was due stopped using left arm hadnt fallen cryed nothing told the mum (first time mum panicks over everything) anyway she just text me he dislocated his arm it back in place now shes been great about it but i feel so guilty because i dont know how hes done it :eek:

Ripeberry
18-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Poor little man. Weird how he did not cry about it though.

Bevbeetle
18-03-2011, 09:07 PM
i know nothing at all the mum been great said accidents happen but i cant explain what happened i feel awlful

Mouse
18-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Poor little thing. Perhpas this little one has very flexible sockets. One of my sons can dislocate his shoulders & pop them back into place again!

gigglinggoblin
18-03-2011, 09:12 PM
I have heard it can be very easily done and is quite common in toddlers. Bet you will be treating him like glass when he comes back! Dont worry, these things happen and I am sure he will be fine.

Bevbeetle
18-03-2011, 09:17 PM
:eek: i have told mum he going to be in cotton wool he has been my last 4 entries in accident book for bumps

clio0602
18-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Sounds like ' pulled elbow' dd gets it when there is a sudden pull on her arm. Happened while doing row row row the boat and when I was taking her top off. She doesn't really complain just stops using it and whimpers when its moved. Very easily put back in place I even did it last time as we where nowhere near hospital although it almost knocked me sick with the click! Hope lo feels better soon x

Cazz
18-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Sounds like ' pulled elbow' dd gets it when there is a sudden pull on her arm. Happened while doing row row row the boat and when I was taking her top off. She doesn't really complain just stops using it and whimpers when its moved. Very easily put back in place I even did it last time as we where nowhere near hospital although it almost knocked me sick with the click! Hope lo feels better soon x

I don't want to alarm you but I've just done my three yearly first aid course and the trainer said that under no circumstances should anyone "click" a dislocation back - you must get a medical professional to do it properly.

Apparently if you don't get it right it can cause permament damage to the nerves.

Pipsqueak
19-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I don't want to alarm you but I've just done my three yearly first aid course and the trainer said that under no circumstances should anyone "click" a dislocation back - you must get a medical professional to do it properly.

Apparently if you don't get it right it can cause permament damage to the nerves.

I agree with this - my nephew has shoulders and elbows that just pop out of place since he was tiny. They HAVE to go to the hospital each time it happens to ensure that its gone back in the right place and nervers aren't trapped/damaged

marnieb
19-03-2011, 07:40 AM
it sounds like a pulled elbow to me too! My ds has done this trwice, and the second time all he did was reach under the sofa and he pulled it out!! That's how easily it can happen! So dont worry your mindee could have done it that easily and that's how you didn't notice at the time!