PDA

View Full Version : Busmans holiday.....it continues

WibbleWobble
18-03-2011, 03:27 PM
so

this morning i drove 80miles to nottingham along the boring A50 to pick up L-M aged 4 going on 40 (my niece) and drove back with her to my home. We have been out to a fancy pants gastro pub for lunch.

She has gone through ALL my toys and has told me my house is so much better than nursey and she wants me to pick her up EVERY day and look after her! She has conned me into buying all sorts of rubbish in the few hours she has been here. Why do i find it easy to say No to mindees but as soon as L-M pipes up i just go to mush?

Today is my day off. My day to get OU done etc. I have her all weekend whlist her mummy (my little sister) takes her hubby on a dirty weekend in harrogate, Hubby is 40 tomorrow.

I am a flippin good aunty mandy

sarah707
18-03-2011, 03:52 PM
She is a very lucky girl to have such a good aunty Mandy :D

Jo Jo
18-03-2011, 03:52 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
18-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Now come on, you know you love every minute of it! :)

Miffy xx

keeks
18-03-2011, 04:13 PM
I've got the loveliest auntie too and I LOVED staying with her when I was little.

I hope you and your niece have a wonderful weekend together, auntie mandy! :D

xx

LOOPYLISA
18-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Awww lovely, good auntie Mandy x

I love spending time with my neice shes 4 x :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
18-03-2011, 04:19 PM
i have no ears left...they have been talked off!

mandy xxx

WibbleWobble
19-03-2011, 07:42 AM
i have been up since 5.30am.

since then we have

had breakfast
got dressed
made a cloud out of cotton wool and cardboard
done some painting
watched some tv
played with dollies

and talked the hind legs off ten donkeys!!!:laughing:

this kid does NOT shut up.

sweet as a button but talk....she is her mothers daughter! I was 12 when her mummy was born so i did a lot of her care. and by heck i remember her chewing my ear off all those years ago....its like deja vu!

mandy xxxx

Penny1959
19-03-2011, 07:53 AM
LOL Mandy

What a morning

I to have a busmand holiday this weekend - granson 6 staying while mummy moves house

However think I have got off lightly
Me up at 4am
Him up at 6.30
Had breakfast
Got dressed - me not him
I have been told off as my packed lunch for today is not healthy!
(something to do with the chocolate muffin and chocolate bars - it seems. He knows I am diabetic and so has 'allowed' me to keep 1 of the 4 muffins and 2 chocolates bars in case I have a 'wobble' but only if I promise to eat my fruit and the cheese and salad sandwich - well and truely told off :laughing: )

He is now watching a DVD with grandad - and I am about to go out with Carol M to the education show - YIPPEE - and grandad is on duty until I get home :clapping:

Penny :)

WibbleWobble
19-03-2011, 08:03 AM
oh penny...can i come? :laughing:

L-M keeps going upstairs to wake up Uncle Phil and katie and the cats.

She has just asked if we can go out for "coffee and a cake" (she doenst drink coffee...its just a little thing her and mummy do)...i said "not at 10 to 8 we wont be!"

have a lovely day

mandy xx

debratina
19-03-2011, 08:09 AM
You are very lucky I have twin nephews who are nearly 3 and I have only seen them a handful of times. I would give anything for them to stay with me
Make the most of it :)

WibbleWobble
19-03-2011, 08:15 AM
You are very lucky I have twin nephews who are nearly 3 and I have only seen them a handful of times. I would give anything for them to stay with me

you are right. I am sorry you dont see your nephews. I couldnt imagine LM not knowing me. She lives 80 miles away but i have made a real effort to be in her life. I also have two nephews who live in london (i live in cheshire) and again i have made a big effort to know them too. I am very very lucky even though we all live so far away i get on very well with my siblings and even better with my sister and brother in law. Ohs family are the complete opposite. he wouldnt recognise his nephews. And that makes him and me very sad.

I am very fortunate...you are right.

Do you want to share mine?

sending you big hugs

mandy xxx

kindredspirits
19-03-2011, 08:29 AM
She sounds like a right character - you have my sympathies, my son who is also 4 literally cannot go without making a sound for more than 5 seconds and will talk all the legs off a spider (spiders have more legs than donkeys :D )

hope you have a lovely day. x

LOOPYLISA
19-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Im sorry x

My neice is 4 and i adore her like my own, i looked after her when my sil went back to work, she was 12 weeks :D
They have since divorced, i still see her but not to often :(

Alibali
19-03-2011, 12:48 PM
I love spoiling my niece, the best bit is she's 22 now so I can spoil her by lunching out with some cocktails too:)

The Juggler
19-03-2011, 12:58 PM
she sounds adorable. make sure uncle phil does his share later so you can get back to that OU work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Penny1959
20-03-2011, 04:14 AM
oh penny...can i come? :laughing:

L-M keeps going upstairs to wake up Uncle Phil and katie and the cats.

She has just asked if we can go out for "coffee and a cake" (she doenst drink coffee...its just a little thing her and mummy do)...i said "not at 10 to 8 we wont be!"

have a lovely day

mandy xx

I had a lovely day Mandy - wish you could have come.

Got back to find grandson still in PJ's - however turns out he had got dressed but had 'fallen' into stream on walk with grandad. Wet smelly clothes left on bedroom floor - yuk!

As got home daughter was just arriving with 'spare' washing machine for me (she had one already and was one in new house) DH complaining loudley - just how supposed to get it into house when porch blocked 'all that **** childminding stuff. Good to have a new to me washing machine as mine just about dead - but not good to come home (with yet more resources) to a grumpy DH.

Usual toys everywhere - neither DH or grandson have a clue how to tidy up

DH shattered - it seems grandson wears you out - there's a surprise - grandson has additional needs - but he is nearly 7 and guess what - I knew from experience that he is hard work!

Oh and DH had taken it on himself to clean behind cooker (as may be 'spare' cooker coming our way) and was accussing me of NEVER cleaning behind cooker - I said I did - but then had to admit it was in April last year (something to do with pre reg inspection and EH visit) however was not going to be blamed for this lack of 'behind the cooker cleaner' and asked him how often in the 14 years that we have lived here - and in fact the 34 years that we have been married that he has cleaned behind the cooker - and no surprise was just this occassion.

End result - me shatter from all that walking and chatting, and carrying all those new resorces to car - and in bad mood due to DH complaining.

DH shattered from looking after grandson - and in bad mood due to me going out buying yet more **** childminding stuff (when of course I should have been at home cleaning behind the cooker!)

And grandson in hyper mood which only got worse as loose tooth finally came out.

I am now up - should be doing paperwork - but got side tracked on here. DH and grandson asleep

Just thinking - shall I go out today?

Best not!

WibbleWobble
20-03-2011, 08:55 AM
well yesterday was full of fun:rolleyes:

we went for "coffee and cake" at 9:30am. Walked round town. Went to ELC and was conned into getting her a present. Also got some new soft stuff.

came back home and had tuna sandwiches (no crusts) and cucumber.

I had 5 mins rest on the sofa whilst phil read the paper. L-M played at his feet.

We then went to the local play farm and had a good two hours running round like a fool. (and that was just phil)

we then went and got some play sand for the newly washed sand pit.

Got back and i made (from scratch) pizza whilst phil and L-M played in the sandpit.

After tea she had an early bath then she and i got our Pjs on and sat in her bed watching Alvin and the chipmunks whilst eating pop corn. She went to sleep at about 8pm.

i went to sleep at 8:20pm

she woke up at 6:30am and the day starts all over again.

Luckily grandma and grandpa are coming at 10:30am to take her home.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
few!

mandy xxx

flowerpots
20-03-2011, 09:06 AM
awww sounds like you have all had great fun:clapping: , i cant wait for some little nephews or neices to arrive :rolleyes:

The Juggler
20-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Parsley, how are you feeling hon after your first week back at work??

Penny1959
20-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Hope L-M has now gone with Grandma and Grandpa and you are now having time to put your feet up.

Are you missing the constant chat?

Grandson now gone home (11.30am)but before he went - he got sand all over the garden then broke the computer - as in had to run re store programme- pulled the printer of its shelf while I was sweeping up the sand, got toys everywhere - eaten me out of food - and told the most awful jokes.

All quiet now as DH went out at 9am - so best get off here and go do that paperwork.

Hope you feeling generally better Mandy and that looking after L-M has not set you back at all

Ripeberry
20-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Wow, you are a good aunty. Our kids have two aunties and one uncle and they have NEVER helped out with them, even when we had no-one else.
The two aunties (SILs) are in their mid 40s and don't have kids and my brother feels that he can't cope looking after them even for one evening :mad:

It's been over 8yrs since me and DH have had a weekend away by ourselves, don't even get an evening away together as we have to pay for babysitters :(

WibbleWobble
21-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Parsley, how are you feeling hon after your first week back at work??

thanks for asking. I am sooooo tired....dog tired doesnt quite tell you how tired i am. I feel like i have done a night shift and then come home to children so no sleep (this is what i would do after my 8th night shift in a row when i was nursing:eek: ) I feel constantly queezy and have that indigestion type pain in my chest....all indications in me of total exhaustion. Bit of bad timing having L-M here all weekend but i had promised.

Grandma and grandpa picked her up at 10:30am and drove her home to Nottingham. She slept all the way:( They made her some lunch and she wouldnt eat it....they had fed her apacket of crisps as they made the butties....and they wondered why she refused lunch:rolleyes:

Rang my sister at 8:30pm last night and she was struggling to get L-M ratbag to sleep as she was bouncing off the walls (remember the hour and a half sleep). So all was not good !:panic:

After she went off with G and G. Phil and i sat on the sofa with no Tv on and sort of zoned out for an hour. All afternoon i kept saying "i must get some work done" but appart from doing some cleaning my time was mostly taken up on the sofa emptying the Sky+ of House and other rubbish (it all HAD to be watched didnt it?...its a type of cleaning in my book):thumbsup:

back to it this morning...10yr old schoolie watching TV. waiting for Los to arrive at 8am...then the fun starts!

mandy xx

miffy
21-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Sorry you're still feeling rough, hope you can try and take it easy - looks like it will be a nice spring day so let the mindees run their energy off in the garden whilst you watch! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx