PDA

View Full Version : A childs view of childminding

Pipsqueak
18-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Two of Harrys' friends call for him at 8.30. The come in, waffle for a bit as 10/11yr old lads do (they are lovely though), think the world of my mindees.
One of the lads L.... said - so these aren't your children are they?
So I said no, I am a childminder and I look after other peoples children
His eyes lit up and he said so you could look after me?
Well yes, (said I) but I do charge the parents money for doing it

you could see his brain ticking over.....
eventually saying

wow that is a BRILLLLLLLIANT job, you get to have lots of coffee and sit down all day and get money..... I want a job like

I couldn't help laughing but Harrys' face was a picture...... He looked like OMG and totally ashen.... he jumped to my 'defence' and said ' no my mum works really hard and doesn't drink lots of coffee'

L said 'but yeah you get to play all day and have fun, thats what I mean' - think he realised he had made a boo boo:laughing:

Kids:rolleyes:

Blackcat
18-03-2011, 01:26 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
18-03-2011, 01:38 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: love it.

My ex mindee came for a playdate with her mum on Tuesday. She wanted to come again her mum told me 'I told her she couldn't and that you don't just have children round to play because you like them it's because you get paid to have them':eek: :eek: now whilst strictly speaking this is true, not sure what ex-mindee makes of that - she probably thinks I don't like her or any of the children now :laughing: :laughing:

marlee1986
18-03-2011, 02:23 PM
awwww thats so cute lol xx

cas2805
18-03-2011, 02:30 PM
That's lovely. I had one mindee ask her Mum if she could go to work every day so she could come to my house every day rather than just 3 days a week, made me smile :)

miffy
18-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Aaaahh bless Harry for leaping to your defence! :)

Miffy xx