PDA

View Full Version : SEF - am I writing too much?

keeks
18-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I am doing my SEF and sort of enjoy doing it in a strange way as it helps me think about my practice.

I have copied the bullet points from the guidance and pasted it into a word copy of the SEF on my computer, then filled in my own "answers" to these bullet points. I am trying to keep it short and still selling myself enough. I find I'm writing a lot more than there is initially space for in the boxes. And by a lot I mean like 3 times the original box space easily, using bullet points to make it less wordy.

I am using Sarah's ebook alongside for extra guidance.

Am I writing too much?:(

xx

nicoleon
18-03-2011, 12:45 PM
You can't write too much in my opinion, well done for coming up with lots of stuff :thumbsup:

atmkids
18-03-2011, 01:06 PM
If you fill it in online you'll find the box 'grows' the more you write. I wouldn't have been able to fit all mine into the amount of space they give you on the written version.

sarah707
18-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I have a friend who has one page per question and recently was awarded her 2nd outstanding.

I have another friend with good who has about 3 pages per question.

If you feel inspired then keep writing! :D

miffy
18-03-2011, 04:35 PM
My SEF was "detailed" as the inspector put it but it saved her asking me lots of questions.

Make sure that what you write reflects what you do in practice as that's what the inspector will look for.

Relate everything back to the children and how whatever you're doing improves things for them

If you're good at something say so and it's better if you can identify your weaknesses and say what you're going to do about them than leaving it to the inspector to pick up on.

Miffy xx

keeks
18-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks, I'm finding it really hard to keep it down to a reasonable amount of writing! Each of the guidance bullet points I have copied and answered with what I do and with examples. It is A LOT OF WRITING. :panic:

A drink would probably help but I've not got anything alcoholic in the house at all!:(

xx

LittleStar's
18-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Im also doing my SEF and the boxes are much too small :)

Vickster
26-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I am starting mine tonight as I am babysitting so will let you know how I get on!