PDA

View Full Version : can an assistant

Hebs
17-03-2011, 09:46 PM
start work before a CRB comes back if i didnt leave her alone with the kids???

i thought it would be NO, but the jobcentre guy told my friend she could

anyone??

sarah707
17-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I'd get an answer in writing from ofsted :D

Hebs
17-03-2011, 09:52 PM
I'd get an answer in writing from ofsted :D

yeah i think i will :laughing: :laughing:

pillows
17-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Hebs I can only say what I was told by Ofsted :-
the situation was I had just had an assistant all cleared etc she had started work and as I wanted to have a back up in case she went off ill etc I decided to register someone else wks later my assistant had to go to a funeral so i called Ofsted and asked if there would be any chance that I could have my other assistant that was due to be cleared to cover for her on the condition i was present at all times as they already had copies of up to date CRB from a primary school and a nursery and the answer came back as NO . but I could have her work with me but could not increase my numbers?? I did try to argue it out well she either safe or not etc but it was still NO but do give them a call you never know who you speak to lol :)
good luck

Noomie
17-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I have just hired an assistant. I was on the phone often to Ofsted to try and push through the registration as she was waiting all the while to begin work. They told me that she was able to start work and be here, just couldn't leave the kids alone with her and couldn't apply for the variation to increase numbers until it was all official. It wasn't cost effective to start her earlier as I could have all the children on my own. But it went through quickly and our numbers have doubled and we are nearly full.

Hebs
17-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Ah thats ok i dont want my numbers increased until shes registered just shes desperate to start :-)

Will email ofsted to get reply in writing tho x

Hebs
18-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Assistant starts monday!