PDA

View Full Version : bigbooklittlebookcardboardbox

Chell
17-03-2011, 08:32 PM
This company had donated one of these book boxes for a competition earlier this year. Did anyone buy one? Just wondered what people thought about them.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51b1ZF4GEZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://bigbooklittlebookcardboardbox.co.uk/box.htm (http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/B004A823M6)

AnnieM
18-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Bumping this as I'd like to know too. :thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
18-03-2011, 10:00 AM
I havent had any spare cash to get one of these, sorry :)

caz3007
18-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I might look at ordering one of these, we are re organising our storage over easter and I want to condense down the books, that would make them much more accessible

christine e
18-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi

I have one and have had it about 6 months now and love it - it is very strong and holds quite a few books

Cx

kats
18-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Mine hasnt been too good, it started to break after about two months of using it and i had to tape the sides together :)

AnnieM
18-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Hmmm.... I am wanting something that makes the board books accessible to very little ones, I have the fabric sling type book storage for paper books, I think I may just get a large low-sided wicker basket and put them in that. :thumbsup:

loocyloo
18-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I think I may just get a large low-sided wicker basket and put them in that. :thumbsup:

thats what i use for the books for the littlies :D

Pauline
18-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I use one, did a review on the main website and love it, still going strong after all this time.

You can buy them through the Forum Shop so if you do want one then please use this link.

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/B004A823M6

Hope you don't mind Chell but have changed your link so it goes to the shop, every little helps :thumbsup:

Donkey
18-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi Pauline

I know every little helps to go to the forum but it actually works out cheaper to buy direct rather than using amazon...

how much does the forum get back on the £7 purchase price?

mushpea
18-03-2011, 07:40 PM
but isnt this a cardboard box??? surley you can get one for free from the supermarket

christine e
18-03-2011, 07:51 PM
but isnt this a cardboard box??? surley you can get one for free from the supermarket

No they are much stronger as they are made from reinforced cardboard

Cx

Chell
18-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Pauline

I know every little helps to go to the forum but it actually works out cheaper to buy direct rather than using amazon...

I thought they were a couple of quid dearer on the site.

Chell
18-03-2011, 09:02 PM

I don't want a supermarket cardboard box on my dining room unit, I'd be happy with this one. *snobbysmiley*

suzyblue
19-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I have one and love it - the children are taught to take care of it:rolleyes:

Pauline
19-03-2011, 11:19 AM

I thought the same, in fact I used those same words in my review!!

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/productreviews.html#bigbook

Pauline
19-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi Pauline

I've contact them to see if we can rectify that :thumbsup: We would only get 42p so not worth you spending more than you should :(

Pauline
19-03-2011, 01:20 PM
I've just been speaking to Frances and she will pay the forum 5% of any sales that: state in the 'message to seller' at paypal checkout that they are a referral from the childminding forum

:clapping::clapping:

bexcee
20-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I've just been speaking to Frances and she will pay the forum 5% of any sales that: state in the 'message to seller' at paypal checkout that they are a referral from the childminding forum

:clapping::clapping:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pauline
21-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Mine hasnt been too good, it started to break after about two months of using it and i had to tape the sides together :)

Kats - Frances says if you email her at: info@bigbooklittlebookcardboardbox.co.uk with your address she will send you a new one as it should not have broken after 2 months so she will replace it. How's that for service! :thumbsup:

singingcactus
21-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Hmmm.... I am wanting something that makes the board books accessible to very little ones, I have the fabric sling type book storage for paper books, I think I may just get a large low-sided wicker basket and put them in that. :thumbsup:

A magazine rack might work well for you too. You can get nice ones that go with your lounge.

I don't have a show home or anything near, but I have to say the cardboard box book holder looks like a cardboard box and that's all. I guess you could decorate it, but with my babies I think it would become a soggy mess very quickly.

AnnieM
21-03-2011, 11:50 AM
That is the only thing I'm worried about really as my grandson is 8 months and chews everything in sight!! Lol. I have a playroom so plenty of space, think I need to go to dunelm and have a look at their baskets, I looked in homebase at the weekend but they had nothing suitable. :thumbsup: