PDA

View Full Version : Please ergent help!!!!

littlepixies
23-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Hii guys sorry to drop this one on you at so short notice but i have my nvq3 assessor coming at 12 and i need to do an activity with the children to help show awareness of abuse, toileting heygine, their bodies and development....... i have an activity for toileting and development but stuck on the horrible ABUSE part please guys i need your help here

Thanks

Louisa

wendywu
23-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Have you got any books about staying safe and saying no, or stranger danger. You could sit and read this together. At this age i would have thought that it is all about building childrens confidence up to be able to say stop or no if they do not feel comfortable with any person or action.

Can you not down load any colouring sheets about stranger danger from the internet. :)

sarah707
23-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Do you have a copy of Hansel and Gretel to read them?

It's online here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/somethingspecial/stories/hanselandgretel.shtml

I did this with a group of 4 year olds for my NVQ and handled sensitively it's fine...

Good luck! :D

wendywu
23-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Good idea, never thought of that one. Even though we do not get that many gingerbread houses built in surrey!:) Plenty of evil witches though:)

angeldelight
23-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Also Little Red Riding Hood

http://www.first-school.ws/activities/onlinestory/steps/redridinghood.htm

littlepixies
23-04-2008, 09:41 AM
thanks guys for all ur help decided to do little redriding hood so i can incoprerate the fruit and veg as healthy eating for good development and the bring in oral care and then general hygine :) thanks gu:) ys

berkschick
23-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Good luck with it all, I like the Little Red Riding Hood idea

wendywu
23-04-2008, 12:02 PM
yes, grandma could be the childminder, Little Red Riding Hood the mindee and the Big Bad Wolf ..... Ofsted. :laughing:

ma7ie
23-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Think I've got a lot to learn. It never even entered my head that Hansel and Gretel or Red Riding Hood could help with teaching safety and stranger danger to children.

Thank you Sarah and Angel.:D