PDA

View Full Version : Book recomendations etc

Kazzal42
17-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi all,
I've been looking into registring as a child minder, and the more I've found out about it the more exited I get about the idea. I've contacted my local council about attending a briefing session, and the next one I can attend is on the 8th of Sept, I had rather hoped to get it all moving a bit quicker, but never mind. I am really keen to get the most ut of the session, and would therefore like to be as prepared as possible. Could anyone suggest any books to read for example? It appear to be quite a lot out there so recomendations would be very welcome. Anything else I should be thinking about/ be doing at this stage?

Many thanks,

Karin

Graham
17-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi Karin

If you are just starting up this book might interest you

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21/detail/0826498957

There are also lots of others in our forum shop

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/childminding-21?_encoding=UTF8&node=3

Good luck with your new business.

jane5
17-03-2011, 04:52 PM
I dont know about any books but if you read all of the previous threads on here you will learn so much:D

I dont know what I would have done with out all of the advice on this forum:thumbsup:

Good luck

Kazzal42
18-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Thank you! This really does seem to be a very helpful forum.

Kezzle
19-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I found my first briefing session not very informative as anything mentioned i had already learnt from reading posts on this forum. I'm hoping the second one will be more helpful, but the people on here are full of so much advice and information i doubt it will be! It's a formality though so i'll be glad to move on in the process. :)

I would suggest getting to grips with your local area that may be where the sessions come in handy more. Also check your family information service for childminders rates so you have a good understanding of what you can charge. Otherwise most information your going to need will be on here. I suggest also downloading the Early years statutory framework pack may 2008 as they seem to love you to be familiar with this even though it's no longer in print.