PDA

View Full Version : impetigo?

littlestar
17-03-2011, 02:31 PM
hi everyone im thinking one of my lo's has impetigo she had a small blister sore on her chin for approx 2 weeks she keeps rubbing and scratching it and today has turned up and it slightly spread and has a yellow twinge what do you all think im worried as i have a 3 yr old and a 10 week old baby lo puts everything in her mouth and im running around crazy with the anti bac she also has a snotty nose and im having to wipe it and then anti-bac my hands constantly now i have sore hands :panic: i dont no what to say to parent so i dont sound accusing she also licks her chin constantly and its wet thats prob why it hasnt cleared up anyone any advise on what they would do?

AliceK
17-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I've learnt quite a bit about this the past couple of days as I thought my DD might have it. If the area is oozing a honey coloured pus then it sounds like impetigo. If so it is highly contagious and the child should be excluded until it has scabbed over. They will need antibiotics. Apparently it is horrible to have.

xxxxxx

littlestar
17-03-2011, 02:43 PM
hi thanks for your reply it isnt ozzing anything not that i can see as she licks it constantly it looks like a burn with a yellow covering almost its hard to exsplain would you ask mum to keep her home tommorrow and take doc's to check?

mama2three
17-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Impetigo usually spreads quicker than this though - if she had it for 2 weeks untreated it would have grown considerably by now I would have thought?

littlestar
17-03-2011, 03:15 PM
ok thank you ill just mention to mum to get and anticeptic cream and wash for it incase it does turn into it she keeps licking it and is sometimes in tears that her chin hurts poor little mite

Chatterbox Childcare
17-03-2011, 03:50 PM
ok thank you ill just mention to mum to get and anticeptic cream and wash for it incase it does turn into it she keeps licking it and is sometimes in tears that her chin hurts poor little mite ive put some germoline on it hope she dont lick it :panic: she will be sick :( would you have done this?

I would ask for the little one to be taken to the docis just to confirm that it isn't

mushpea
17-03-2011, 06:40 PM
my son had this and it lasted a week ozing and then took quite a while for the patchs to go,,, the doctor said as long as we used seperate towels etc then we shouldnt catch it.

charlie potato
18-03-2011, 11:25 PM
We do have to exclude for impertigo and if its just one spot i dont think it is. My nephew was excluded for having impertigo when it was actually infected eczema. If its bothering her and she's had it 2 wk then i think the parents should be seeking medical advice. xx