PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted registration visit booklet - Help!

natalie28
16-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Hi all

I am trying to fill in the Ofsted Registration booklet and struggling to understand the following question:

question 37 - name the six areas of learning. For each area of learning, can you give an example of a play activity for a young child and a four year old that would support their learning and development?

I know what the six levels of learning are - but what i am meant to do is a bit confusing.

Please can anyone help me with this....

Many thanks

Natalie

miffy
17-03-2011, 07:43 AM
The 6 areas of learning are

personal, social and emotional development

knowledge and understanding of the world

physical development

creative development

communication, language and literacy and

problem solving, reasoning and numeracy.

If you have a look around the forum you'll get some ideas for activities for each area

Miffy xx

Mollymop
17-03-2011, 07:57 AM
HI ya , if you look at the top of the forum page you will see a link that says FREE resources if you have a look there you will find activities that link to all 6 areas of development.
It is quite simple when you get the hang of it. FOr example CLL would be reading a story or singing rhymes etc. PSR&N could be counting all the apples in the fruit bowl, doing a jigsaw puzzle etc.
If it one activity to link all areas in one it could be maybe cooking, that would be all areas in one
Hope that helps x

newbie1512
17-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi

Basically it wants you to think of an activity that you can adapt for the age ranges, so that children of different ages can do the same activity at different levels eg CD painting 1yo hand print, 2yrs hand print and count fingers 4ys hand print count and name colours ect

hth

K x

natalie28
17-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Thank you for your help!

Natalie x

Susana0600
17-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi all

I am trying to fill in the Ofsted Registration booklet and struggling to understand the following question:

question 37 - name the six areas of learning. For each area of learning, can you give an example of a play activity for a young child and a four year old that would support their learning and development?

I know what the six levels of learning are - but what i am meant to do is a bit confusing.

Please can anyone help me with this....

Many thanks

Natalie

Omg! I didn't have this question, in which area you are?

natalie28
17-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Gloucestershire area

michellemiller
26-03-2011, 07:56 AM
i wasnt sent one of these where can i get one? i have my visit in just over a week!:panic: