PDA

View Full Version : Attempted abduction near me.!!!

It's a small world
16-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi

There was an attempted child abduction near me today . Its not a hoax I know a parent whose child attends said school and confrimed they had received a text from school . Not a school I do, but about 10-15mins from me:eek:

My question is I have an RA for school run and also a lost child policy etc I have a section on my RA's for comments. I can put extra vigialant due to situation. Everyone around here is nervous.:panic:

What else do I need to do. Have informed all parents and before school parent whose children sometimes walk to my house (attend same school as ds).

Just want to see if anything else I need to do. Really scary. :eek: :eek:

mama2three
16-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I think you have it covered. perhaps go over stranger danger with children if appropriate for their ages etc. Scary.

It's a small world
16-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I think you have it covered. perhaps go over stranger danger with children if appropriate for their ages etc. Scary.

Thought of this already. Forgot to add. chatted to school children. Ironically my ds had a stranger danger chat in assembly but not sure if his school had been informed already or not, but went over it again. Other children are 3 not sure about putting them in buggy as they walk into school holding my hand. doing our sponsored walk tomorrow for red nose day. This has really scared me being soooo close..:eek:

Ripeberry
16-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I always tell my own kids to scream, bite, scratch anyone they don't know who tries to grab them and not to approach cars that stop by the pavement.
When I was 11yrs old I was almost grabbed. A car had stopped to ask directions and there were three 'nasty' looking men in the car and they kept staring at me weirdly.
The passenger kept telling me to come closer, but I kept my distance and then he started to get out and I screamed and ran like the wind in the opposite direction!

Very scary, and even now I don't like giving directions to anyone who stops on the road, even if it's a woman :(

It's a small world
16-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I always tell my own kids to scream, bite, scratch anyone they don't know who tries to grab them and not to approach cars that stop by the pavement.
When I was 11yrs old I was almost grabbed. A car had stopped to ask directions and there were three 'nasty' looking men in the car and they kept staring at me weirdly.
The passenger kept telling me to come closer, but I kept my distance and then he started to get out and I screamed and ran like the wind in the opposite direction!

Very scary, and even now I don't like giving directions to anyone who stops on the road, even if it's a woman :(

:eek: :eek: :eek: good advice will say that to tehm as well. Its hard as you want them to be aware very aware but not scare them iyswim :eek: :eek: