PDA

View Full Version : Social Services Check ?!?!?

sooz22
16-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi again,

I got my CRB's in the post (only took 3 weeks) so was realy impressed and getting excited that i should hopefully be a few weeks away from being registered. I decided to call Ofsted to check that everything was ok and to ask when my certificate would be dispatched. They informed me that everythings back and fine and the only thing they are waiting for is my Social Service's Check on a address no one has mentioned this to me before.

What is it and how long does it take ??

MrsD
16-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I am in the same situation - are you in Leeds by any chance?
Its to check if you are known to social services in any capacity e.g. with your own children. Just another safeguarding measure as far as I'm aware.
Not sure how long it takes - probably a while as most SS departments are under intense pressure after the cutbacks. Its very frustrating isn't it?! I asked Ofsted and they said I can't chase them up directly and they won't chase them as I'm still within the target 12 weeks.

Have you had your visit yet? I've got mine in the morning - very nerve wracking!

Kirsty x

sarah707
16-03-2011, 06:05 PM
You always have a social services check as part of your CRB.

It's to check there's nothing flagged up about you or your children / partner etc on SS system.

It can take up to 12 weeks which often delays things ... hopefully not too long for you! :D

sooz22
21-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Thank you for your replies...

Yes iv had my initial visit and have had my crbs back so this is the last bit until my sertificate is issued. Hopefully they will surprise me and it will come in the post sooner.

sooz22
25-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately i decided to call the council directly. they called me the following day to inform me that they hadnt recieved anything from ofsted in regards to me. So iv had to call ofsted and have asked them to re-send the letter so have now gone right back to the beginning of this process :(

sarah707
25-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh Sooz I am sorry what a waste of time :(

At least you are onto it now and can chase it up.

I hope it doesn't take too long! xx

sooz22
17-05-2011, 01:15 PM
once again called ofsted to chase my social service check to be told yet again there was chase. I decided enough was enough and called the council preforming the check directly and they advised me they sent it back giving me the all clear twice 10 weeks ago !!!!!!!

so basically i could of been fully registered and up and running in february but ofsted failed to log their responce

so all in all im not happy

Stew....pid
17-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Sadly in my experience neither OFSTED nor NCMA are the quickest of governing bodies and ive found ive generally had to keep pushing with phone calls and emails to get things moving :(

Tommyx15x
21-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Unfortunately i decided to call the council directly. they called me the following day to inform me that they hadnt recieved anything from ofsted in regards to me. So iv had to call ofsted and have asked them to re-send the letter so have now gone right back to the beginning of this process :(

I am in the same position but starting up a preschool in west Sussex. Social services have been doing my checks now for 6 week and keep hearing the same from ofsted. Im unsure who i need to contact to chase this up. I see you chased it through your council, what department did you call? I have no idea how to get in touch with the social. Any help would be great

Thankyou

mumofone
21-01-2015, 06:42 PM
I am in the same situation - are you in Leeds by any chance? Its to check if you are known to social services in any capacity e.g. with your own children. Just another safeguarding measure as far as I'm aware. Not sure how long it takes - probably a while as most SS departments are under intense pressure after the cutbacks. Its very frustrating isn't it?! I asked Ofsted and they said I can't chase them up directly and they won't chase them as I'm still within the target 12 weeks. Have you had your visit yet? I've got mine in the morning - very nerve wracking! Kirsty x

How did you pre reg visit go Mrs D?