PDA

View Full Version : Pre Briefing Session - How it went!

JaneinDownend
16-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone, just to say the pre-briefing session went well - helped by the fact I'd done some "homework" beforehand so knew what to expect - and this site has been invaluable. The 2 hour session was really informative and I am just wating now to find out if I am going to be attending the April course or the September course - I'm hoping for April. I will keep you all updated. This is all so excited - but more especially feels so right. Thanks for all your help so far.

Twinkle-Toes
16-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Been looking out for your post about how it went!

Sounds great :D When you say "homework" how much and what did you read up on? If you dont mind me asking lol I really want to get the most out of the briefing session.

Really glad you found it helpful and that childminding is definitely for you :clapping:

Kate x

WibbleWobble
16-03-2011, 07:51 PM
glad it went as well as you hoped!

welcome to the start of your new career:clapping:

mandy xx

Polly2
16-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Thats great! Well done :clapping:

JaneinDownend
17-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Kate, I read and read and read lots of information from here and from the NCMA website as well as information on my local council website. I also took a look at some childminders websites - had an idea of what I may be able to charge so that I know, in advance that this is a financially viable option as well as being the right path for me. I also started to put some thoughts down on policies and procedures in readiness for when I need to put these together - again helped by this site and other childminder sites. I was also quite cheeky and rang one of the childminders in my area - but was totally honest about why I was calling and I wanted to ask about demand etc - and she was very helpful although I did say I didn't mind if she didn't want to share the information with me. Having said that, there were a vast number of people at the briefing who were less informed, but the briefing is an official Ofsted briefing and therefore, regardless of where it is held, there are certain points, facts and information that must be given out - so you would still be clear about everything. Good luck ... any questions do ask ... but being new I'll not be much help at the moment!