PDA

View Full Version : What would you spend £150 on?

venus89
15-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm being given £150 to spend on enhancing CPD through either additional supply or study cover, reference books, ICT equipment to support CPD, membership to professional bodies or publications or CPD.

I've just renewed my NCMA membership and currently courses I have access to are free (I have access as a Childminder and through the Children's Centre so I can attend quite a lot if I choose....)

So what would you choose to spend it on? Or what have you bought or done that's really made a difference to you?

Pixie dust
15-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Is there a childcare/early years magazine you could take a subscription out with?

Mouse
15-03-2011, 09:48 PM
A new handbag...to carry your books in :thumbsup:

AnnieM
15-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I would buy Penny Tassoni's new book, take a years subscription to Scholastics Nursery World Plus, because I love it and buy a new all in one printer because mine is on its last legs! :thumbsup:

bexcee
16-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Lucky you getting a grant :thumbsup: nothing available around here, even the free NCMA courses have been cut :(

A subscription to one of the child care magazines would be good. I have the Practical EYFS Handbook by Penny Tassoni which is good too.

Have fun spending the money :thumbsup:

venus89
17-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Hmmm. yes I wondered about a subscription to a magazine..... Any recommendations?

I won't get Penny Tassoni because we have her book at the Children's centre but it's very inspiring

I don't suppose a Pogo printer could be classed as CPD could it....?

AnnieM
18-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Oooh absolutely I'd say. :) Don't tell the make of printer, just that it is a printer, it is classed as ICT anyway. :D I currently subscribe to nursery world and scholastics nursery education plus, my favourite is the scholastic one, I used to really like nursery world, but it isn't as good as it used to be. :o I also like the EYE (Early Years Educator) and the Child Care mag which is actually more aimed at nannies and childminders. :thumbsup:

KarenM
18-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm getting the subscription to EYE, a book on Montessori practice and possibly a new printer.

WibbleWobble
18-03-2011, 03:28 PM
gin

and i dont drink!