PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I surrender...he is OUT of here!!!

Helen Dempster
15-03-2011, 07:26 PM
To all you who've been following my saga of a little 4yo very agressive boy and those of you who've told me to terminate immediately....

I'VE DONE IT!

I've had a terrible afternoon with him, hitting and kicking me, hurting others, breaking things, kicking my doors and furniture, sweeping everything off cabinets in anger....I could go on, but I won't bore you all. I have got scratch marks down my arms, bruises on my legs. Told mum on collection that I can't have him back here and that I will refund her a week's money. I had to carry my own son around (he's also 4) to protect him after all the other mindees had left and it was just him and this boy, as he picked up a heavy toy and was swinging it round my son's head telling me he was going to hurt him :eek:

So, he's gone, never to cross over my threshold again. Live and learn.

Jo Jo
15-03-2011, 07:28 PM
To all you who've been following my saga of a little 4yo very agressive boy and those of you who've told me to terminate immediately....

I'VE DONE IT!

I've had a terrible afternoon with him, hitting and kicking me, hurting others, breaking things, kicking my doors and furniture, sweeping everything off cabinets in anger....I could go on, but I won't bore you all. I have got scratch marks down my arms, bruises on my legs. Told mum on collection that I can't have him back here and that I will refund her a week's money. I had to carry my own son around (he's also 4) to protect him after all the other mindees had left and it was just him and this boy, as he picked up a heavy toy and was swinging it round my son's head telling me he was going to hurt him :eek:

So, he's gone, never to cross over my threshold again. Live and learn.

Well done hun for been so strong,
i think you need a glass of wine lol x :)

Happy Bunny
15-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Bet your day tomo will be wonderful

Pipsqueak
15-03-2011, 07:54 PM
WELL DONE - the other kids and your own will thank you for it!

It actually takes a strong person to take this step and we all know you have not taken it lightly.

I would, just for peace of mind - document everything though

jumpinjen
15-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Well done, not before time chick... hope your son is not too traumatised!

jen x

RachelE
15-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Well done you!

Feel sorry for you that you had to go through all that though.

Enjoy every minute of the day tomorrow!

Rachel x

lma
15-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Well done. The hard part of this job is the effect some mindees have on our own children. Many of us start doing this job as a means of spending more time with our own children and when you get a mindee that treats yourself, your home and your children with the lack of respect that some do it makes me often wonder if I'm doing more harm than good to my children by being a childminder.

At least your free from him and his aggressive behaviour and I'm sure the children will be happy now that the threat of getting hit has gone.

WELL DONE:clapping:

flowerpots
15-03-2011, 08:00 PM
aw well done hun, hope you feel better now :clapping:

onceinabluemoon
15-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Well done!

As others have said document everything, add photographic evidence if you can (especially of your injuries) and then sit back and treat yourself to a stress free evening xx

nic t
15-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Well done! :thumbsup: You put up with his behaviour alot longer than I could have.

rickysmiths
15-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Well done you will feel better for it. As others have said document everything and I would get some photos of your bruises and scratches to add to it all, just they way we would with a child.

Allie
15-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Well done for being strong, I agree with everyone here document everything

Allie

Noomie
15-03-2011, 08:51 PM
You did your absolute mostest on this one. Sometimes, you just can't win. Well done for giving your all. I have been there and it's tough giving in, but it's safety first.

((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))

mufftie
15-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Well done

Just out of interest what was the mothers reaction ?

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
15-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Well done but you are so relieved I know I would be.

xxx

miffy
15-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Glad it's over for you, your son and the other mindees.

You'll soon realise how much nicer life is now you don't have that stress :)

Miffy xx

Susana0600
15-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Oh good for you and your mindes, well done!!!:clapping:

Shivvie
15-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Well done, you did really well managing until now, I don't think I could've done! Enjoy the rest of your week :)

wendywu
15-03-2011, 10:09 PM
You have so done the right thing:clapping:

Ripeberry
15-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Well done, you have exorcised the devil child! :mad: Hope the mum now gets some help as no 'normal' child would behave like this :eek:

The Juggler
15-03-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm so glad hon. no-one deserves to be that hurt by a small child.:( I hope mum seeks the help she/the child needs to deal with his behaviour or the underlying issues causing it.

mushpea
16-03-2011, 06:59 AM
good for you and well done for being strong enough to do it,,,and i hope a 'nicer' child comes along soon to replace

jellytot
16-03-2011, 07:33 AM
I bet you feel so much better now xx

Has the child been diagnosed with anything or even checked out for any other issues? He sounds so much like a child I know and he is now getting the help he really needs.

How did the mum react to this or was she expecting it?

Blackcat
16-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Well done, you have exorcised the devil child! :mad: Hope the mum now gets some help as no 'normal' child would behave like this :eek:

well done hun xxxxx:thumbsup:

heidicat
16-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Well done! I bet you've woken up this morning so relieved that you dont have to put up with that behaviour anymore.

Am intrigued to know what mums reaction was tho...?

:clapping:

Helen Dempster
16-03-2011, 10:12 AM
Well done

Just out of interest what was the mothers reaction ?

she just keeps telling me that he's not like it anywhere else and....I couldn't believe this....that "my son is an angel" :angry: And then, just this morning, how her older son put him in the shower and turned it on while he was fully clothed for being naughty. She doesn't think there's anything wrong with him. She does say she's noticed a change in him since he started school, but apart from that...

Andrea08
16-03-2011, 10:21 AM
sorry not been following your story but decided to say well done to you as i feel you have been upset by this LO,

ive posted to another member that its a two way partnership and every1 has to be happy for a child to learn and develop well,

hope you feel better for your decision xxxx:thumbsup:

The Juggler
16-03-2011, 02:20 PM
she just keeps telling me that he's not like it anywhere else and....I couldn't believe this....that "my son is an angel" :angry: And then, just this morning, how her older son put him in the shower and turned it on while he was fully clothed for being naughty. She doesn't think there's anything wrong with him. She does say she's noticed a change in him since he started school, but apart from that...

the little one I had, who I mentioned on your other post - his mum was the same. she'd tell me he was only like this at my house, despite me seeing him kick her in the face and scream whilst she strapped into his car seat, tell me about him biting other babies and toddlers of friends. Complete denial:(