PDA

View Full Version : feel so tired after mindees have gone dont feel there is time for my own kids :(

mrs robbie williams
15-03-2011, 05:43 PM
im wondering if its just me? hopefully someone will provide a miracle cure?
only have 2x6yr and 1x4yr old before and after school then 1x3yr old 1til6 4 days a week but i feel totally shattered by the time he goes home. My dh works away during the week but i have the mornings to catch up with housework, taking the dog, paperwork etc., but by the time last mindee has gone (went bit early tonight which was lovely) and ive tidied up and sat down i just feel spaced out and soooooo tired. Im going to bed at 8 :blush: will it get easier or am i just being a wimp ?

Pipsqueak
15-03-2011, 06:29 PM
you are not alone

I feel like I am supposed to be superwoman and perfecto mummy half the time and all I end up doing is feeling like a totally failure. I often feel too shattered to spend time with my kids - by I make myself somehow but there are also days when I have just had enough and unfortunately quality time does suffer. I try then to make up for it at the weekends.

Marshmallow
15-03-2011, 06:32 PM
:eek: Don't forget your still supposed to
Cook
Clean
Wash
Iron
Be Wifey/ Partner
Shop
Mend
Be a shoulder to cry on
Referee

Shall I go on ?

:censored:

But we love it :thumbsup:

Fraggle1
15-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Hiya!

I only have a little boy (13mths) 3 days a week at the moment aswell as my own little one (nearly 3) and my eyes are nearly shutting by 7pm ha ha ha. I'm hoping that as the spring/summer kicks in I'll start to wake up abit more, good weather and daylight always makes me feel better, I also think once I really get to grips with Childminding it will get easier, feel anxious still sometimes which can use up a lot of energy! lol
I also think that although I maybe tired during the week, with the money I earn I can afford extra nice weekends for my family.
Hope you feel less tired soon, I'm sure the spring/summer will help :) xx

jumpinjen
15-03-2011, 06:42 PM
i found the schoolies more exhausting than the all day little ones for nine hours.... I don't have them now! could you try to make tea during the day as well so you aren't trying to make it when you are really tired and your children want you? I know you are busy anyway.... i too go to bed at half eight most nights to get enough sleep.... a bit sad but necessary to funtion so you aren;'t the only one that goes to bed so early! perhaps clear one day at the weekend where you purely focus on your children so you feel that they do get the quality time as well as having time to do everything else. It is hard to be on your own too. my hubby has done two weeks of nights now and I am on my own then as he sleeps til 7, gets up and goes back to work at half 8!! So no help with house/children or even anyone to talk to! i don't know how all you single mums do it!

Big hugs, Jen x

mrs robbie williams
15-03-2011, 06:46 PM
thanks Jen glad im not the only one, i do try and make the most of weekends but still end up doing things like changing the beds, ironing etc as cant do it with mindees here during the day, dh did alot of overtime last week so hopefully this weekend we can do something nice as a family :) looking forward to my week off at easter :clapping:

WibbleWobble
15-03-2011, 07:00 PM
i have three under 3s monday to thursday 8am til 2pm

3:15pm-6:15 i have five schoolies aged 5 to 10 monday to thursday.

that one hour 2pm til 3 pm is sacred. I get all funny if one of the babies mums keeps me talking into that hour. I have been known to go to bed for exactly one hour then get up and get the schoolies....its what i sometimes need to recharge my batteries.

I am usually in bed for 8pm every night....actually thinking about going to bed now at 7pm.

its exhausting sometimes....you have my sympathy and hugs

mandy xxx

jumpinjen
15-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Could you afford a cleaner to reduce some of your workload, or a couple of hours of ironing to be done? Or buy a few more 'readymade' meals for a few weeks to ease your cooking time pressures? My house isn't as scrupulous as it could be at all and my ironing pile is challenging kilimanjaro at the moment... but i have a stinking cold so I'm on essential functions only til further notice!!

jen x

Happy Bunny
15-03-2011, 07:51 PM
I was finding it hard to juggle everything and was getting quite downhearted over the never ending housework.
I have now delegated jobs to my own children, if they want mummy time then they have to help, my 7 year old quite enjoys hoovering.

Joda
15-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Yes, I know exactly what you mean! I feel guilty as I never seen to spend enough time with my own kids - am dreading the Easter hols too as I seem to be so busy.
I took on a friends 10yr old before and after school but have had to say I can only have them before school as it's just too much after school - am feeling guilty over that too!
I lose 2 of my part time mindee's in Sept when they start school so I'm hoping I don't have to 'replace' them.

snufflepuff
15-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I feel like this alot too. I'm down to just one mindee now, three days a week, and i'm still finding it all hard work. I'm always really tired, and i've got that constant niggle that this needs doing and that needs doing, like a huge metal list. I find i'm spending my days off doing paperwork and housework rather than spending time with my son, so I feel guilty. But today we had a lovely day together- went to toddler group, to the park, shared an ice cream....and I feel really bad that i didn't get any housework done! Can't win!

onceinabluemoon
15-03-2011, 08:49 PM
im wondering if its just me? hopefully someone will provide a miracle cure?
only have 2x6yr and 1x4yr old before and after school then 1x3yr old 1til6 4 days a week but i feel totally shattered by the time he goes home. My dh works away during the week but i have the mornings to catch up with housework, taking the dog, paperwork etc., but by the time last mindee has gone (went bit early tonight which was lovely) and ive tidied up and sat down i just feel spaced out and soooooo tired. Im going to bed at 8 :blush: will it get easier or am i just being a wimp ?

My day:
5.30 - get up and do morning things
6.30 Start work
6.30 - 10 month old and 5 year old arrive
7.30 4 year old and 6 year old arrive
8.00 8 or 12 month old arrives (dependent on day)
8.40 school run (leaving me with 2 babies and a 4 year old for the day plus my own 2 teenagers who are home educated
3.30 first child leaves
5.45 to 6pm the other two children leave
6pm finish minding for day

So... a 12 hour working day on 6 hours sleep, every week day

Then I have to do paperwork, clean and put away toys, get out stuff for the next day, do planning/LJs/diaries, walk the dog, feed my own kids and wash up afterwards, try and do some reading for my diploma, do my work for SJA, clean house, cook dinners, do washing etc etc etc I cant do any of this in the day because one child needs constant attention and one of the babies has separation anxiety meaning he screams at high pitch all day

Right now I'm listening to the washer spin thanking God I now have a washing machine and dont have to wash by hand any more because that was hard work on top of my working day!. :laughing:

I am a single mum and have no family locally to help me. Actually I have no family to help me period. They all have their own lives

Feel free to do a 'minder-swap' for a week or two, lol ;) :laughing:

Seriously though hun, unless those children are really hard work I wouldn't expect to be feeling that tired for the number and times of children you have. Have you been to the doc to get your iron levels etc checked? Are you eating properly and drinking lots of water? Have you been poorly lately and not quite recovered perhaps? Sending hugs and hope you feel better soon xx

catswhiskers
15-03-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm up at 6.30 to get myself ready and own three off to school then have two/three mindees during the day. I work Mon-Thurs until 6pm and then it's still all go (dinner, washing up, doing/hanging up washing, sorting out toys, cats, my own three (they are 12, 14, 18 but still hard work).

I usually do an hours ironing every other night around 9pm-10pm and then start paperwork/sorting out lunches, myself, going on the forum, watching a bit of telly.

I don't usually go to bed until 11 - 12 every night as this is my relaxation time.

It does get a bit easier as time goes on as I don't think I could have done this 10 years ago when my own were still younger.

I'm just one of those people that can survive on 5-6 hours sleep a night.

JCrakers
16-03-2011, 09:29 AM
We are fantastic aren't we.......:jump for joy:

I start work at 8am and don't know how anyone can do earlier..I totally admire anyone who does more than 10hrs a day.
I'm always knackered after work but only do 4 days so spend my friday catching up on paperwork and cleaning. This leaves the whole weekend free to spend woth my own two children.
The 4 after school kids are more draining than the little ones....They are all boys (Do I have to say more) aged 5-8yrs.

My hubbie does a bit to help but nothing major :D He works quite a long way away 3 days a week so doesn't get in until 7pm. I'm usually in bed by 7-8pm, snuggled down watching TV as my own two children are 12 and 9 so can sort themselves ou in the evenings...
I think the reason Im in bed so early as I need a change of scenery after working from home all day..I dont enjoy watching TV in the lounge anymore.

Becky