PDA

View Full Version : wooden playhouse?

sweets
15-03-2011, 05:28 PM
im having a large shed taken out of my garden this week and replacing it with a smaller shed for my gardening stuff so i will have plenty of room for a wooden playhouse :clapping: i can finally get the plastic little tikes one of my patio and have the space back :clapping:

just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for wooden houses. I dont want one of the smallest ones as i would like to have room for a little kitchen in it as i havnt got the space indoors for one, i would also like a table and chairs and maybe an easel or a blackboard wall one one side.

has anyone bought one recently and what make?

what do you have in yours that the children enjoy?

Baildon bears
15-03-2011, 05:44 PM
When we looked at them last year I loved the ones with two levels but I was frightened of the little ones falling down the ladder, so just got normal one, I have a little tikes kitchen an easel and a few more toys in, the kids love it in the summer and it provides shade when its hot. I was out in the garden yesterday giving it a clean out for summer, the only thing I don't like is that spiders tend to like it to.

sweets
15-03-2011, 06:44 PM
I only have under 4's so will definatly just get a one storey house.

i am going to put a sign on the door saying NO SPIDERS ALLOWED! (hope it works!) :laughing:

beccas
15-03-2011, 06:47 PM
www.madfun.co.uk

i got mine from there its ace and mostly got sale on. i got 8ft by 6ft for 400....delivered its 2 floors 4 windows which 2 open... and window boxes... kids love it

georgie456
15-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I bought mine last year from Waltons (http://www.waltons.co.uk/) They don't have the one I got anymore (I got a 6ft x 6ft one story house), but all their range is very well priced and their customer service and delivery was top notch!

FussyElmo
16-03-2011, 08:27 AM
:blush: I had this one

http://www.playtimes.co.uk/shire-command-post-wooden-playhouse.html

I dont suppose its a conventional playhouse but my tribe love it.

Just havent painted it yet :blush: and dh said it was a nightmare to put together :laughing:

kindredspirits
16-03-2011, 08:33 AM
i've been looking at these - i would want one with a little fence and verandah because I think they are just so cute! I have also seen ones that are single story but very tall called Dutch Play Barns and like that idea from the POV of keeping spiders high up away from little heads! :laughing:

kel1983
16-03-2011, 09:15 AM
I currently have a small plastic play house. Not very attractive so would love to eventually be able to afford a wooden playhouse.

This thread makes me wanna get one even more now:clapping:

christine e
16-03-2011, 11:02 AM
I know of someone who fell foul of planning permission when putting up a playhouse, some advice here

http://www.summergarages.com/index.php?ref=FAQ-PLAYHOUSES#q25 (right at the bottom of Q & A's)

Cx

mama2three
16-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Conkers!

Spiders hate them;) :)

nicoleon
16-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Conkers!

i never knew that! Just searched the web and i seem to be the only one who never heard of that :blush:

Will it look odd if I keep conkers in my bathroom? :D

mama2three
16-03-2011, 01:23 PM
i never knew that! Just searched the web and i seem to be the only one who never heard of that :blush:

Nah , stick them amongst some pot pourri and noone will notice!

sweets
16-03-2011, 01:24 PM
thanks for your help everyone i will look at all the websites youve posted. :thumbsup:

can't belive how excited i am about getting one (very very sad) :blush: :laughing:

as for the conkers im going to hand strings of them all over my house! and i mean the proper house not just the wooden one :laughing:

flowerpots
16-03-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.madfun.co.uk/Playhouses/Wooden-Playhouses/Shire-Stork-Playhouse-(6-x-4-2-)-March-Price

I havent got one but this one is beautiful.

let us know which one you get :thumbsup:

maisiemog
16-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm buying one in May and I can't wait!! Got to wait til then as DH is sorting the garden out over royal wedding weekend so we cant put it in til then!!!

I'm also getting some cute little wooden furniture to put into it as well! I cant believe how excited I am about having a nice garden for the little ones to play in. I just hope we have a nice summer now as I would love a nice tan as well!

FussyElmo
16-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Conkers!

Mmmm i had loads of conkers and still got spiders - big ones as well :eek:

LOOPYLISA
16-03-2011, 01:53 PM

I keep them in the car :laughing: roll all over he floor :laughing:

beccas
16-03-2011, 09:16 PM
i got this one from madfun its ace easy to put together me and hubby on my birthday last year inred hot sun.. got a nice tan...

http://www.madfun.co.uk/Playhouses/Deluxe-Wooden-Playhouses/Shire-Loft-Playhouse-(8-x-6-)-Two-Storey-March-Price

buildingblocks
18-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Some lovely ones there and I have to agree would love a two storey one but just know there will be an accident. I would love a wooden one but am thinking of paying that bit more and buying an adult summer house and using that so that when I eventually give up childminding when I am about 90 then I will have somewhere nice to sit