PDA

View Full Version : Tips for disruptive behavior?

phoebe-alice
15-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I had a little boy round for a first settling in session today and he looks like he could be hard work, he is 23 months and is like a tornado tipping everything out slamming doors, snatching from other children and climbing/standing on furniture.
I didn't really want to say or do much today as it was only his first visit by himself, and don't want to come across as the wicked witch of the north but definitely know he will run rings around me if I don't stop it in its tracks. As he seems to have already won over his family anyway.
Has anyone got any tips for stamping out bad behavior? :laughing:
I think we'll be doing lots or reminders of the house rules next week hehe.

mrs robbie williams
15-03-2011, 05:47 PM
hiya, i know what you mean hun - i have taken on a 3yr old and is on the go from the moment he arrives until the minute he leaves, he doesnt stop, it is so tiring. I have him 2 hrs before i do the school pick up 4 days a week (how much do i look forward to my wednesdays when i dont have him :) ) its not so much that he is a problem he just literally just does not stop the whole time, most children are happy to sit and do art, playdoh, storytime, even watch the tv for ten minutes :blush: but not him he charges up and down the hallway pushing cars, trucks, trains etc. Bless him he's not a bad kid but boy do i know ive got him :laughing: