PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Advertising???

Carpet Monkeys
15-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I live right next door to a park which is getting a big overhaul at the minute. I want to advertise that I'm a childminder, but I've got a drive so a sign in the window won't be any good, my husband uses the car for work so a sign on there would go unnoticed ... do any of you use a lawn sign or should I hang a banner from the shed in my garden, if so, where did you get it from!!

Or any other suggestions?

Mouse
15-03-2011, 02:05 PM
What about Vistprint?

brightstar
15-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I had a banner outside my house, the Council told me to take it down because it was too big :angry: Apparently because I live in a residential area an A4 size sign is all I am allowed to have. Check with your local authority before spending large amounts of money.
Mine did work while it was up though, the mindees it brought have been with me for two years now. So its worth looking into.

Ripeberry
15-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Suppose an A3 sized advert printed professionaly on waterproof fabric could be put on a placard and knocked into the ground? That would look ok and not be too big.

rickysmiths
15-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I had a banner outside my house, the Council told me to take it down because it was too big :angry: Apparently because I live in a residential area an A4 size sign is all I am allowed to have. Check with your local authority before spending large amounts of money.
Mine did work while it was up though, the mindees it brought have been with me for two years now. So its worth looking into.

I was about to say exactly the same. Also from a Child Protection point of view, remember you work on your own with other peoples children. Do you really want complete strangers knocking on your door? :eek:

If someone calls you make a time for an interview and I choose to always have a first interview out of childminding hours so y minded children are not put at risk, also I am not distracted from caring from them and there is quite a lot of info to cover with a parent. I also hand deliver a brochure before the first visit so I know where the parents lives and have a pretty good idea that they will turn up.
If they are interested in using me then they are welcome to come and watch me while I am working for an hour. :thumbsup:

Donkey
15-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I feel very vunerable working on my own with children, I try not to advertise the fact that my home is a childminders home.

I do however wear a bright pink hoodie with childminder on the back when I go to school so maybe you could wear something in the park rather than having a sign outside your house...

you never know who might see it and then try getting access to your house :(

rickysmiths
15-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I feel very vunerable working on my own with children, I try not to advertise the fact that my home is a childminders home.

I do however wear a bright pink hoodie with childminder on the back when I go to school so maybe you could wear something in the park rather than having a sign outside your house...

I want one!! I do wear a fleece with the NCMA logo and Registered Childminder on it but it is Navy Blue. And I have a badge with 'Ask me about Childminding' on it that I wear when I have vacancies.

SammyM
15-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Here you go.....

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/lawn-signs-small/gallery.aspx?pg=21&keywords=child%20care&page=1&pagesize=24&pf_id=043&preid=3&xnav=popsearch

rainbowsplash
15-03-2011, 09:47 PM

I would LOVE one of these, where did you get it from? Would also save my clothes from paint etc :)