PDA

View Full Version : Help and Advice Please.....

EmmaCW
15-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi there, I currently look after a little boy on Mon and little girl on Tues and Thurs. My Mon mindee now needs childcare 3 days a week from May but I can't do this and such a shame as he's just settled and gets on really well with my son. My Tues/Thurs mindee just told me from Oct she wont need me on Thurs.

Would anyone consider giving notice because eventually this wont work out very well for me. I think it will be pretty hard to fill my other days around the Tues (I only want to work 3 days). Or is this very unprofessional???

Pipsqueak
15-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I am presuming you can't do the the extra that the Mon child needs because of numbers? How about applying to Ofsted for a variation - because its continity of care it would go in your favour.

I think you need to do whats right for you and yours.

jumpinjen
15-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I agree about asking for a variation.... I'm assuming that the little boy wants to come Monday to wednesday? You can ask ofsted for a variation to cover the little girl tuesday.... you might be able to fill the thursday friday more easily from October when she stops the thursday, but otherwise yes do what fits best!

jenni x

debratina
15-03-2011, 05:21 PM
you need to do the variation asap as they have a back log:(
debra

Goatgirl
15-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi,
Do you mean you want to give the little girl notice and offer those days to the other mindee: because her mum's cutting hours by half in october anyway (so not worth your while and hard to fit another child around the one day)?
If that's your dilemma I would say the most professional way to deal with it is to apply for a variation for the overlapping days, based on continuity of care. Then if that is unsucessful, you can demonstrate that you have tried all avenues before giving notice. :thumbsup:

Hope it all works out for the best, whatever you decide.

best wishes,
Wendy :)