PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about pre-reg visit

HMT81
15-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Hello
I'm just waiting to hear when my pre-reg visit is. I'm halfway through filling in the booklet sent from Ofsted but I am struggling with it. I'm convinced I'm going to totally mess up when I have my visit. Can anyone offer any advice/reassurance please? Also, when will I know how it's gone, e.g. when will I be registered if it does go ok?
Thanks

Pipsqueak
15-03-2011, 03:51 PM
The pre-visit is not a test. What they are looking for is that you understanding the responsibilities; your house, an overview of the requirements etc.

You will NOT mess up:)

what are you struggling with on the booklet - post the question and you might get others who can help or give suggestions:D (we are pretty good at that round here:D )

newbie1512
15-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi

Just sent you a pm to help you#

:) :)

natalie28
16-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi, i feel i am in the same position. I have done some of the important policies and procedures ready for the pre reg visit.
I started on the ofsted form yesterday, and some of the wordings are quite difficult to get your head around it.
Like if the parents and child dont speak much english, how will you support them?
hmmmm difficult one.
Maybe i am looking to deeply in to it. ahhhhh

Hope it all goes well for you, maybe we could help each other. :)

Natalie

HMT81
17-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone

I am stuck on:
29. How will you make sure you meet the space requirements? How will you take into account the needs of children with special needs, such as a physical disability?

32. How will you ensure you meet the needs of the children if they are different ages, such as a baby under 12 months, a 2 year old and a 4 year old?

36. If you are applying to be registered on both the Early Years Register and Childcare Register (which I am), have you considered if there are any differences between the requirements of the 2 registers? If so, how might this apply to your service?

Still no word on when my visit will be. I phoned Ofsted on monday and they aid they gave my details to Prospects on the 11th. I hope it won't be much longer.

natalie28
17-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi

On 29 i have put accessible equipment and toys
space to use and store equipment needed
easy access in home and downstairs toilet

32 Using EYFS - talk to parents to establish their routine at home
Different ages will do the activity at different levels
then i put a example of a activity - playdough

36 i was a bit stuck with like you

not sure if any of this info is right, if anybody else can give any feedback.
thank you, what would i do without this website x

natalie28
17-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh and have you managed to look at 37?

HMT81
17-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks Natalie

I don't have a downstairs toilet so I'm a bit stuck there.

I haven't done 37 yet, going to look at it tomorrow night. Will let you know how I get on :)

natalie28
17-03-2011, 09:31 PM
:) thank goodness i think i finished the booklet tonight.
If need any help or advice, let me know.

Not sure if right :)

x

Kezzle
19-03-2011, 09:21 PM
36. If you are applying to be registered on both the Early Years Register and Childcare Register (which I am), have you considered if there are any differences between the requirements of the 2 registers? If so, how might this apply to your service?

Ok firstly i haven't got a clue as i'm not even near this part yet BUT i was thinking if this helps at all...

Will it have something to do with the ages of the children on both registers, so the different levels each child would be at ? Making a suitable setting for both with age and stage related tasks. Like you may have a 10month old and a 9 yr old they're not going to eat the same or mentally be the same how will this apply to your service?

If i am even close to be being right let me know so i can save it for later lol.