PDA

View Full Version : mini paper hand towels

Donkey
15-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I was on a course and one of the other cm's said that she had a mini hand towel dispenser that uses mini paper towels...

I have googled and I can't find...

she said the paper towels were only about 5 inches where as normal ones are about 9ish?!?!

help!

mama2three
15-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry i dont know of them but will definately be interested if someone knows where to get them

Mouse
15-03-2011, 12:57 PM
What about these?

http://systemhygiene.co.uk/products/paper/hand-towels/blue-childrens-hand-towels-1x10000-product.html

http://systemhygiene.co.uk/products/paper/dispensers/modular-plastic-superflat-pack-product.html?preview=ok

JCrakers
15-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Not sure..I got my towel dispenser off ebay but when I had my toilet retiled I didnt put it back up as it would mean drilling into my lovely new tiles...:(
It's now in the cupboard in the garage but its a larger one. Kids used to use too many paper towels and I remember nagging not to use so much...lol

have you tried ebay?

I now just use towels which is a bit of a pain washing

becky

desiderata
15-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Mines a small one i think its called Terry or something like that. I have had it a few years now.

Mrs Pootle
15-03-2011, 01:11 PM
I've not heard of one of these. I just use face cloth size flannels as towels. All my mindees have a different colour.:D

mama2three
15-03-2011, 01:14 PM
What about these?

http://systemhygiene.co.uk/products/paper/hand-towels/blue-childrens-hand-towels-1x10000-product.html

http://systemhygiene.co.uk/products/paper/dispensers/modular-plastic-superflat-pack-product.html?preview=ok

thanyou Mouse
how long will it take me to use 10,000 though! Wish they came in smaller quantities!

Donkey
15-03-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.nexuscleaningsupplies.co.uk/tork-interfold-mini-hand-towel-dispenser-in-white.html

is nice but can't find the paper towels to fit!!!

nicola1981
15-03-2011, 01:16 PM
thanyou Mouse
how long will it take me to use 10,000 though! Wish they came in smaller quantities!

snap, im debating between paper towels and flannels as hand towels

Mouse
15-03-2011, 01:27 PM
snap, im debating between paper towels and flannels as hand towels

I actually use kitchen roll, separated up into squares. Each day I put a pile out in the bathroom and another pile downstairs. I did wonder how Ofsted would see it when children had to take a sheet off a pile (you know how funny they can be!), but they've always been fine about it.
I often buy Winnie The Pooh or other patterned kitchen roll, so the children like it :thumbsup:

Sammie
15-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I've not heard of one of these. I just use face cloth size flannels as towels. All my mindees have a different colour.:D

Would you have to wash these after each day i think id rather use this idea .. thanks! : )

Bushpig
15-03-2011, 02:17 PM
I actually use kitchen roll, separated up into squares. Each day I put a pile out in the bathroom and another pile downstairs. I did wonder how Ofsted would see it when children had to take a sheet off a pile (you know how funny they can be!), but they've always been fine about it.
I often buy Winnie The Pooh or other patterned kitchen roll, so the children like it :thumbsup:

I do the same.

christine e
15-03-2011, 02:20 PM

I use the large kitchen rolls from Wilkos. You take the cardboard tube from the middle out and keep the outer plastic wrapper on - works well for me. Use to use the facecloths method but they got through loads of them and got fed up with all the washing!

Cx

Pipsqueak
15-03-2011, 02:23 PM
My eldest son was helping me..... (till I put a stop to it) -he was raiding the paper towel dispensers at school and bringing me home packets and packets of paper towels.

bless.....

I want a dyson hand dryer - they are awesome!

I just use a good old fashioned towel!

manjay
15-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I use flannels in the toilet but I have a mini paper towel dispenser in my utility where I have a child sized sink. I bought mine from Makro where they do the full sized ones and the smaller version. I also get the paper towels from there.

ETA mine is the one in Flutterbyes link:D

Pipsqueak
15-03-2011, 02:37 PM
I use flannels in the toilet D

and what is Ofsteds view on your use of the toilet in this way?:D

manjay
15-03-2011, 02:48 PM
and what is Ofsteds view on your use of the toilet in this way?:D

Don't know as I don't let OFSTED in my house:p

Pipsqueak
15-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't know as I don't let OFSTED in my house:p

flippancy.... tsk tsk.....

rofl

Chimps Childminding
15-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I buy the packs of flannels from Ikea. White with a coloured loop on the side. Used to hang one up each day for each child until we were told that thats not acceptable, you can't trust the children to pick the right towel, even if it has their photo above it :rolleyes: So now I just have a pile of them in a basket and the children pick one, use it and put it in a bin ready to wash. I have got about 30 or so of them and just wash them every 2 or 3 days depending on which children I have as to how many have been used!

mummyMia
20-03-2011, 05:43 PM
The Early Years shop does a mini one:

http://www.earlyyears.co.uk/ItemGroup.aspx?ig=79788&cat=52585

onceinabluemoon
20-03-2011, 06:02 PM
I use face clothes too, the children take one use it and put it in a bucket for wash. It doesn't really make that much washing as i do it daily and it just goes in with other stuff. As an eco friendly setting we prefer this to cutting down trees and having a bin full of paper but I realise this isn't for everybody.

Susana0600
20-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Thank you to everyone for the links and I really like The Early Years shop, definitely I will buy there, nice ones :)

Penny1959
20-03-2011, 07:36 PM
I buy the packs of flannels from Ikea. White with a coloured loop on the side. Used to hang one up each day for each child until we were told that thats not acceptable, you can't trust the children to pick the right towel, even if it has their photo above it :rolleyes: So now I just have a pile of them in a basket and the children pick one, use it and put it in a bin ready to wash. I have got about 30 or so of them and just wash them every 2 or 3 days depending on which children I have as to how many have been used!

This is what I do - used to recommend this when worked for LA - and now tried for myself can say it works really well. My hand towel flannels are from Poundland - 6 for £1 - have about 50 but also have 6 mindees everyday. Just throw in machine at end of day with reusable nappies, bibs etc.

Penny :)

Cazz
20-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I got my hand dispenser from Makro as well. The brand is Tork and it uses smaller hand towels as I discovered to my cost the other week when I bought a pack and took them all out of the packaging only to discover they were the wrong ones and too big for the dispenser :rolleyes:

So at the moment we have a pile of them in the cloakroom to use up but I don't like doing this as much as using the dispenser which is more hygienic.

I like the idea of using flannels but my 3 year old dd goes to the toilet loads during the day so I'd go through masses of them with the mindees as well, by the time they've washed their hands after using the toilet and before eating meals and snacks - I think I'd be washing a load every evening and that's not exactly environmentally friendly either!

Daisy1956
20-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I use face cloths as well just throw them into washing machine at the end of the day.

birch24
21-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I use face cloths as well just throw them into washing machine at the end of the day.

Same, they just go in with the rest of the washing and if you have enough you don't have to wash them every day, save up for a full load. :D

mushpea
22-03-2011, 07:00 AM
why cant the mindees use their own flanel throughout the day then changed it the next day for them? all mine have them and have their name writtne on a 'bug' and they all know which bug is theirs,,, theres an ant, ladybird etc,

newandlearning
22-03-2011, 08:31 AM
hi .. I've used flannels as hand towels .. they are folded on a stand.. they wash hands, use flannel to dry and then put in the bin in the toilet.. the bin is only used for flannels. everyone uses a different one everytime they wash and I found its worked very well.

sorry can't offer held with paper towels.x