PDA

View Full Version : slapped cheek

jackandjill
15-03-2011, 12:35 PM
One of my mindees has been really off the last few days, he was sick this morning just after breakfast, mum has taken him to the doctors this morning. The doctors have said that he has slapped cheek.

I am wondering if we have to inform all the other parents that there is a case of slapped cheek going around, Do I need to inform ofsted.

Thanks Sarah

marnieb
15-03-2011, 12:45 PM
it's a communicable disease so as a matter of courtsey you should notify all parents, but Ofsted shouldnt need to know!

jackandjill
15-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks marnieb, do you know how long the child needs to be off for when they have slapped cheek.

Cheers Sarah

charlie potato
15-03-2011, 02:38 PM
They dont need to be excluded from your setting, pregnant ppl just need to be careful. xx

Mykidsrock
15-03-2011, 04:35 PM
if LO is now at the stage of having the red cheeks - hence the name slapped cheek, then they are no longer infectious. They are only infectious prior to the rash/slapped cheek effect coming out.
Out of courtesy i'd let other parents know but they have already been exposed to it now so it is pointless them staying away unless the parents demand that.
Good luck and I hope LO is ok.
Jess x

Bitsy Beans
15-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I think it's doing the rounds as my son had it, gave it to me, my husband and my daughter. The kids have been fine but boy oh boy the swollen and stiff joints we've been left with are horrendous!

blue bear
15-03-2011, 06:49 PM
If child has been sick surely you need to exclude for 48 hours

Dragonfly
15-03-2011, 07:18 PM
You would try to exclude for 48 hrs Fi Fi, I would.