PDA

View Full Version : do you all.....

mushpea
15-03-2011, 12:25 PM
have an activity aranged when ofsted are due a visit
I got the call today to say they will becoming in the next couple of weeks and i am wondering if I should be arranging an activity or just do somthing spur of the moment according to how the children are,,, also how much time do you spend playing with the children when they are here,, do you play with them all the time or spend some time chatting to ofsted

flowerpots
15-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi hun,

We just carried on as normal which meant the children werent really bothered about someone sat there watching them. :thumbsup:

I couldnt plan an activity in advance because i have shift workers so didnt know which children i had until that week.

Hope it goes well. :D

mufftie
15-03-2011, 12:31 PM
its a good idea to be organised with an activity but the best laid plans dont always go well so be prepared to do something different , i was inspected last friday and had a bird feeding activity all ready but ended up having no children present , so didnt have to do anything except make cups of tea for mrs o lol

mushpea
15-03-2011, 12:37 PM
its a good idea to be organised with an activity but the best laid plans dont always go well so be prepared to do something different , i was inspected last friday and had a bird feeding activity all ready but ended up having no children present , so didnt have to do anything except make cups of tea for mrs o lol

how did it go,, was she able to grade you without childre??

sarah707
15-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I usually have a few ideas up my sleeve... like I do every day!

The most important thing is not to do anything different or the children will usually comment / play up.

good luck! :D

blue bear
15-03-2011, 06:46 PM
I carry on as normal, don't plan anything extra to my regular plan following childrens interests, always ready to adapt to childrens interests.

Dragonfly
15-03-2011, 06:58 PM
No carry on as normal. My two mindees played up terrible the 3 and a half hours she was here, longest 3 1/2 hrs ever:( but got a good anyway.

mushpea
15-03-2011, 07:12 PM
ok thanks folks,,my main worry is that after we do an activity the children 'free play' and as there are normaly 3 children of similar age they all play nicley together and dont generaly need my input and i not sure how ofsted will view me sitting on my bum whilst they play,, normaly this is my obs time or paper work time but again dont think that would go down very well.

Noomie
15-03-2011, 08:54 PM
We always do cooking, crafts and always have something planned, so it's carry on as normal here. However, children are free to choose not to do planned activity anyways.

Couldn't interact with children as much as I would have liked as Mrs O wouldn't stop with the questions and the chatting. In fact, it got in the way and I had to just ignore her or get on with caring for the children at times.