PDA

View Full Version : Childminding name / logo

Stanfield
22-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi,

Can you call your childminding business whatever you want? What if it is the same as someone else in the area? Can you be turned down by someone?

Lucy

sarah707
22-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Your business your choice...

Not sure I'd duplicate with someone in the same area though - might cause confusion and provoke nasty comments about you. :(

louise2778
22-04-2008, 07:42 PM
My 9 year old daughter has been having great fun since she found out I could name my childminding business!

I didnt ask her to give me ideas, she just wanted to help.

Everyday she comes up with new ideas. Some are good, some are awful but its nice that she wants to be involved. :idea:

Cazz
23-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Have you decided on anything Louise? I am thinking about this now as well. I don't think anyone in my town actually has a business name - just known as x x childminder. I think it would look more professional to have a name.

I like some of the ones on here and as they are not in my area it wouldn't cause confusion except possibly if I advertised on here. I don't know if most people would be annoyed or flattered if the same name was used.

louise2778
23-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Children always seem to call me LouLou rather than Louise, so I seem to be focusing on that, just basic stuff like LouLou's little ones (my daughters idea).

Got no really firm ideas yet, we are just having fun but I cant get LouLou's Little Ones out of my head!! Only problem is I wasn't blessed with big boobs and I cant help thinking the name sounds like its more about my chest size than my childminding business!!! :blush: :laughing:

Cazz
23-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah, that's quite catchy but I can see what you mean! :laughing:

Perhaps, I should ask for some suggestions from my 10 year old twins - but there's no telling what they might come up with. As long as they don't include any of the words they are coming home from school with at the moment! Obviously some parents don't worry about using :censored: words in front of their kids!

louise2778
23-04-2008, 10:45 AM
lol I know what u mean, my daughter has come out with a few names that I def will not be using. :eek:

She wants to help me design leaflets, business cards including the logo. I thought it might be nice to have a childs drawing as a logo but her pictures are too good.

I might get my friends younger kids to do some. I like the idea of a logo with stick people and lots of coulour in it. The classic little kids drawing.

Tickles
23-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi, dont know if you have all heard of the vistaprint website or not as i am new to this site, but you can get free business cards etc made up from them & all you do is pay for postage [ not that much]

I got a pen, car sign,10 magnetic calendars with my business name,25 magnetic business cards, note pads, return labels, stamper & ink pad with my business details, 250 business cards, 25 flyers & 100, my childminder thinks i'm great stickers[ i personalised them].
They email me all the time with other offers, free t -shirts, caps etc

I dont actually need the stuff at moment as full, but thought it was great to have & i gave all my service users magnetic calendars for their fridge.

Everything has my details on it & i was able to upload pictures / logos

Joanne

Tatia
23-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Only problem is I wasn't blessed with big boobs and I cant help thinking the name sounds like its more about my chest size than my childminding business!!!
I'm just picturing you with LouLou's Little Ones on the front of a t-shirt!
:ROFL1:

karenjoy
23-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Ah can you askd you kids to come up with some good names for my childminding buisness then please!!!

louise2778
23-04-2008, 01:42 PM

LOL :laughing:

Yep, think I will def need to re-think this!!! :idea:

Will keep you posted :D

Pudding Girl
23-04-2008, 01:50 PM
LMAO!!!!

I got mine done through Vistaprint and am very very happy with it ^^^^^

called myself Rainbows Childminding Service, because I love Rainbows, no other reason

karenjoy
23-04-2008, 06:23 PM
What do you all think of Karen's Kidz Korner!!

nannan
23-04-2008, 07:20 PM
karen's kidz korner sounds good

Rubybubbles
23-04-2008, 07:23 PM

:laughing: :laughing: sorry but think thats a no go

SonnysMummy
23-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm going to call my business Mary Poppins Childminding; will i get sued by disney???:huh:

Kelly:)

Stanfield
24-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Well, I have decided on "Little Treasures Childcare" because I have a large pirate ship and seaside theme play area outside so I am basing the whole thing on pirates and.... well im not sure if princesses go with pirates or would it be mermaids?!

I have just sent off for my bits and bobs from vista print, but they keep sending me offers for more free things, do they do this a lot or should i snap the offers up? Thing is, i dont really need all the stuff right now, but may do in the future.

Lucy

hello kitty
24-04-2008, 11:42 AM
lol I know what u mean, my daughter has come out with a few names that I def will not be using. :eek:

She wants to help me design leaflets, business cards including the logo. I thought it might be nice to have a childs drawing as a logo but her pictures are too good.

I might get my friends younger kids to do some. I like the idea of a logo with stick people and lots of coulour in it. The classic little kids drawing.

My daughter designed my logo - very simple really - just a cartoon head with spiky hair and my name around it. It goes on all my stuff now to identify me. :)

louise2778
24-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Well after ditching the "LouLou's little ones" :blush: idea we are now thinking of "shooting Stars childcare" or "shining Stars Childcare" or "Super stars childcare".

My daughter likes stars!!. One of our cats is called star so we quite like that but our dog is called Daisy and I quite like the sound of "Daisys Daycare" with a simple daisy flower as the logo....oh I just dont know. (people might think i am leaving the dog to mind the kids!!)

Any ideas would be great. Our other cat is called Luna, maybe i could use that?

:idea:

louise2778
24-04-2008, 03:26 PM
What do you all think of Karen's Kidz Korner!!

Only prob might be the initials KKK :eek:

crazybones
24-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Only prob might be the initials KKK :eek:

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: Ooops

louise2778
24-04-2008, 04:17 PM
okay, its final. Me and dd just had brainstorming session and our final choice is..........

Cheeky Cherubs Childcare :clapping:

We like this one alot.....just off to the vistaprint website to get my free stuff done :laughing: :D

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Are you thinking of having a name Lucy ?

Angel xx

Stanfield
25-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Are you thinking of having a name Lucy ?

Angel xx

I have decided on
"Little Treasures Childcare"
as I have a seaside / pirate theme outdoor playarea with a large pirate ship, beach area, and beach hut.

What do you think?

Cazz
25-04-2008, 11:36 AM
I like that! That's really good :clapping: . Can I come and play in your garden it sounds fantastic!

I'm struggling with my own business name at the moment. All the other childminders in my area don't seem to have a name just x x childminder. I would like to get to know them and join the support group but I keep wondering if they think I am being flashy by having a business name. I know I shouldn't really give a stuff what they think but I don't want to alienate myself from the start. Am I just being silly?

Carole x

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 03:16 PM
That sounds lovely Lucy

Love the sound of your play area do you have a pic ?

xx

Carole

I think its up to you if you want a name to be honest
If you have one I bet the others will be jealous and want one too

But if you want to keep your own name then do that

Do what you want to do !

Angel xx

Cazz
25-04-2008, 05:56 PM
I think a name makes you sound professional and shows that you take the business seriously so I will probably go with a name if I ever come up with one!

Carole x