PDA

View Full Version : sorry but another hi viz question

mushpea
15-03-2011, 06:59 AM
didnt want to hi jack the other thread about hi viz so here we go again but

would you get the older children to wear hi viz caps with your number on or a wristband ,,, dont want them to get teased for sticking out like a sore thumb but i dont want to loose them either

The Juggler
15-03-2011, 07:25 AM
i only use wristbands :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-03-2011, 07:42 AM
I bought hats one year and the children just took them off. 2 boys thought it was funny to throw them over the fence :rolleyes:

So now we have wrist bands and brightly coloured shirts at play barns and busy places :D

mushpea
15-03-2011, 07:56 AM
I bought hats one year and the children just took them off. 2 boys thought it was funny to throw them over the fence :rolleyes:

So now we have wrist bands and brightly coloured shirts at play barns and busy places :D

how old are the older children that you put them on? I am thinking for a 7yrold and 5yrold,,, the 5yrold is new so have no probs putting a hiv viz vest on her but the 7yrold who has been with me for 2yrs and gets on ok with my 10yrold son I know will keep up a fuss about wearing one cause i dont make my two wear one,, but then my two have phones so i can call them or they can call me.

miffy
15-03-2011, 07:57 AM
I use wristbands - wouldn't want my phone number on a hat.

Miffy xx

mama2three
15-03-2011, 08:06 AM
how old are the older children that you put them on? I am thinking for a 7yrold and 5yrold,,, the 5yrold is new so have no probs putting a hiv viz vest on her but the 7yrold who has been with me for 2yrs and gets on ok with my 10yrold son I know will keep up a fuss about wearing one cause i dont make my two wear one,, but then my two have phones so i can call them or they can call me.

If I had vests then everyone including my own would have to wear them.

loocyloo
15-03-2011, 04:44 PM
If I had vests then everyone including my own would have to wear them.

my children are almost 6 and almost 9 and they both wear hi-viz when i am out with minded children, even when the only other minded child is in a pushchair !!! if my children have friends to tea and we are walking home, then the friend wears one too!!! i had one child say he wasn't wearing one, and i said fine, your mum is over there, you can go home with her then, as everyone wears a hi-viz with me! he decided to wear one!!! ( luckily, no one has, as yet, asked why i don't wear one!!! )

Twinkles
15-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Everyone who isn't in a pushchair up to when they go to middle school ( age 8 ) has to wear a hat when we go out.

I have bright green and bright pink beanies for the winter and legionnaires hats for the summer.

Those are the rules. I trust my middle schoolers not to wander off but if we were in a really busy area I would ask them to wear one too.

We call them our 'team' hats. There can be a certain amount of whinging but they do stick to the rules.