PDA

View Full Version : Advice - Hand Foot and Mouth

claire'scherubs
14-03-2011, 07:12 PM
My DD (4) has been ill with a cold for the last 10 days and on Saturday developed spots in her mouth.

Took her to see the nurse today and she has been diagnosed with HFM, I'm not convinced, however out of courtesy I informed all parents as soon as I knew.

Explained that I wouldn't be closing and that the chances are if they were going to get it, they probably would have by now, DD well on the mend today, the first time in 10 days no medicine required:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Most parents have been absolutely fine, and decided to keep sending their child, however one baby (12weeks old) is staying away, and I totally understand. LO has already been in hospital with broncilitus and is due to have her first jabs on Friday, so I can understand.

However, what do I do with charging????? Already been lenient with the hospital stay, charged nil for one week and then 1/2 fees for 2nd week and did explain that it would be a one off.

As I am open and do not have to exclude and gave them the informed choice, would you charge or refund.....HELP please

blue bear
14-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I would Charge as normal you are not closed, really should have made this clear though when you gave the choice IMO

claire'scherubs
14-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I did say that, sorry didn't explain that in my post, and nothing said, but I am feeling a little bit wobbly over it and just wanted to check