PDA

View Full Version : ok what to do

emmadines
22-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Ive just had a phone call from a lady who had 2 children one under 8 and the other over but both at school. shes ok with that im just starting out and am still waiting on my certificate and cant work till then.......

she wants me to have them both 4 days a week after school, apparently it might only be 2 days depending on what days she is working but I will be paid for 4 days regardless if they here or not!

the other thing is that her two are with another childminder at mo but they say they are not happy, mainly due to them not being allowed to do certain things as the c/m's child is not able/allowed to do it.

the other thing is she dont want to pay holiday (as she said) as some weeks I will be getting paid for the full 4 days wheather they are here or not......

She will be getting funded from tax credits, dose this effect her money that she gets herself?? I was wondering if it didnt wheather to get her to book the whole week as the days I have them would be different and then maybe not charge her the holiday if she takes them???.

the other thing is i know this other childminder, all be it not personally
am confused, talk at tots group and/ or when passing! would it be wrong to take these kids, i also am awear that the older one shouldnt effect my numbers as its over 8 years.......... what do you think??

Pipsqueak
22-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I would keep my rules as they were and do not allow yourself to be dicated to.

For instance:
Perhaps you can settle on 3 weeks parents/mindees holidays at half rate anything after this would be full rate.

Doesn't matter that she is paying for the 4 days and only using two thats your T&C's !

mrsbumbles
22-04-2008, 06:41 PM
If the holiday's she is refering to are just the families annual holiday then i would consider doing this, but if your talking about all the school holidays then i would'nt do it unless i felt i could fill the space with holiday's only cover iyswim?

As for the other childminder, i would'nt mind taking on the children as long as the parent was up front and told the exsisting childminder her reasons for changing childminders and their intentions in sending them to you, so it does'nt cause any ill feelings between you.

Good luck:thumbsup:

jaja
22-04-2008, 06:58 PM
hi

Do what feels right to you, most childminders charge something for holidays.

I charge full for their holidays and nothing for mine, if the days of the week change every week i charge for all week unless for example a child came every tues and thur yet on a friday its every other week, then i charge for tues, thurs, and every friday, because its very un likely that another parent would need the alternative friday. I had a parent who came different days every week non where the same and she paid for all week whatever.

Decide what you want to do and make sure you stick with it, i have had many parents try and push me into something i dont want to do, and then they have taken advantage of me throughout the contract.

good luck

jen

xxx:littleangel:

Fandangles
22-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I would want to know what it is that the children feel they should be allowed to do that they are not now. You don't want to end up with kids who think they should have everything they want and parents who indulge them. Check that what they want is reasonable and something that you would not have problems with.

Banana
22-04-2008, 08:37 PM
I would want to know what it is that the children feel they should be allowed to do that they are not now. You don't want to end up with kids who think they should have everything they want and parents who indulge them. Check that what they want is reasonable and something that you would not have problems with.

I agree,

good luck with whatever you decide and hope that it all goes well if you take them on
xx

Tickles
22-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Joanne here:jump for joy: , i'm sure that they have to notify tax credits if their childcare payments change for more than 4 wks [in a row], any less doesnt count.
I have a friend who works in tax credits & was sure that was what she said.

angeldelight
23-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Yes you are right about that Joanne

Angel xx