PDA

View Full Version : Parent problem again....

beccigonsalves
14-03-2011, 03:55 PM
A week or so ago i posted a thread on here regarding problems i am having with a parent, she is always late to collect her child, never contacts me to let me know she is going to be late and also never pays me on time, but today she topped them all by just not turning up to drop her child off to me! This morning i was waiting from 7:15 for her to arrive and when it become 8:35 and she was still not here i phoned the mum to find out what was happening but all she said was "oh yeah sorry i meant to phone you last night and let you know my mum is taking her to school this morning," for me that was the last straw Im sick and tired of the lack of communication and its also starting to effect my family life! So what i wanted to know is can i write her a letter about this and call it a written warning so that if it happens again i can terminate the contact?? Also her contract is up to be reviewed this month is there something i should add in there to make sure this dosent happen again???? Please help many thanks

The Juggler
14-03-2011, 04:42 PM
of course you can hon. However, I would sit her down and have a meeting with her first before you put it in writing.

i would just say, you feel the lack of communication regarding drop off times is making it increasingly difficult for you to organise your day and that the amount of times payment is late is also makign it difficult for you to budget your finances. Tell her if things do not improve you will regrettably, feel like you have no choice but to give her notice.

Then, lay down the law - what YOU would like to happen. You've nothing to lose by doing so - worst can happen is that she will give YOU notice. Tell her exactly what you expect in terms of communication, tell her late fees will apply at £x/day and care may be withheld if it is more than xx days late.

Confirm this conversation in a letter and hand this to her.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
14-03-2011, 04:46 PM
What She ^^^^^ said.

This is your business you run it how you like

that means setting out the precedent you would like to happen and the expectations you have - firstly verbally and backed up in written form.

you must be prepared to carry through the consquences though