PDA

View Full Version : cleaner

Twinkles
14-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Ok girls ( and chaps ! )

I'm thinking of getting a cleaner , had one a while back and I miss her.

So even though we won't be in when she comes to clean and will never be left with the children - will I need to get her crb checked ?

Never occurred to me with the old one as the children never even saw her.

Waddya' think ??

cs01
14-03-2011, 02:37 PM
I would say no. Like you say, you'll be out anyway and if you do happen to be home then as long as the children are not left alone with the cleaner then there's no need.

It could get silly otherwise, expecting every adult who comes through your door to be CRB checked, eg British Gas Engineer, plumber to fix a leak etc.

Well done on getting a cleaner, one of the best things I have done since starting childminding ;)

Pipsqueak
14-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I'll be your cleaner.... I am looking for a change of direction....:D

the rate of pay will be better

oh yeah

I am gonna be a cleaner:D

grindal
14-03-2011, 02:45 PM
My cleaner does have a CRB check - but not through me. She works in a school so has her own. Your cleaner does not need to be CRB checked.
I try to be out when my cleaner is here - as she is the only person I have ever known who seems to think it is possible to hold a normal conversation over the noise of a hoover :eek:
However, as we are sometimes here I do have a RA to cover the time she is here. Common sense stuff, like not leaving her on her own with the children, and keeping dining room gate closed as she leaves cleaning stuff in the hall and the stair gate open.

My cleaner is fab - hope you find a good one!

Twinkles
14-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I'll be your cleaner.... I am looking for a change of direction....:D

the rate of pay will be better

oh yeah

I am gonna be a cleaner:D

Yay !! Pipilicious is me new cleaner !!

Bit of a commute though hun - but all the choccie biscuits you can eat :thumbsup:

wendywu
14-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Yay !! Pipilicious is me new cleaner !!

Bit of a commute though hun - but all the choccie biscuits you can eat :thumbsup:

If Miffy does not get to them first :laughing:

miffy
14-03-2011, 02:52 PM
If Miffy does not get to them first :laughing:

?????????????????????????????????????????

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
14-03-2011, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=wendywu;889540]If Miffy does not get to them first :laughing:[/QUOT

Miffy the Choccie Biccie Stealer:panic:

wendywu
14-03-2011, 04:51 PM
[
QUOTE=miffy;889543]?????????????????????????????????????????

Miffy xx[/QUOTE]

The DOG :laughing:

Baildon bears
14-03-2011, 05:08 PM
My cleaner came for first time today, it was great had a day out in garden tidying up and have a lovely clean house, worth every penny, do you think I could put it through my books? She's only doing my working areas. :clapping:

Noomie
14-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I lurve my cleaner.

3.5 hours / week, over two days. My house is well clean.

How did I live without her?

sarah707
15-03-2011, 07:55 AM
My cleaner came for first time today, it was great had a day out in garden tidying up and have a lovely clean house, worth every penny, do you think I could put it through my books? She's only doing my working areas. :clapping:

I put the childminding areas through my books not the other bits of my house.

Mine doesn't have a CRB check twinkles she is never left alone with the children... :D

Bushpig
15-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Mine is here when the kids are here, and whatever room she is working in is closed from the kids. She is never left alone with the kids. She is just lovely.. the kids love her, she chats to them etc.

Chatterbox Childcare
15-03-2011, 01:47 PM
The only time you need a CRB is if you are leaving the children with that person - ie. you are out of the room

Twinkles
15-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I was just concerned that 'regular visitors' are supposed to be checked.

wendywu
15-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I think Ofsted require all cleaners to be Male, blond , 6 ft tall ,age 25-30 and to work out at the gym at least 5 times a week., with a compulsory six pack.

If they are ex surfers then you have to pay them more and males models are premium rate...(sigh) :blush:

caz3007
15-03-2011, 04:18 PM
I think Ofsted require all cleaners to be Male, blond , 6 ft tall ,age 25-30 and to work out at the gym at least 5 times a week., with a compulsory six pack.

If they are ex surfers then you have to pay them more and males models are premium rate...(sigh) :blush:

A friend of mine offered to come and help me with the cleaning, all she has in common with your list is she is blond, perhaps I should start looking elsewhere, after all I dont want someone to put in a complaint about me cos I dont have the right sort of cleaner :laughing: :D :laughing: