PDA

View Full Version : Advertising on cars.

donnamarie2
14-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Do any of you that have the advertising car stickers find that you have got any business through using them?
I have 1 space left now as i have 3 children of my own and would like to fill it , i have advertised everywhere i can think of and wondered if these work.
Thanks xx

mufftie
14-03-2011, 10:32 AM
ive not got the stickers but i have a spare wheel cover (4x4) with a big advert on it , i have had business from it as i drive it to the school and parents have approached me for child care because its obvious im minder , dont think anyone has rang me because of it though just grabbed me in the playground

id definately give it ago :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
14-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking of doing something like that, but worried that I'll get a load of 'unknown' calls to my mobile with people messing around :rolleyes:
Too many bored teenagers around my area :mad:

donnamarie2
14-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I was thinking about either the bumper stickers or the magnetic signs from vistaprint if anyone has any experience of them.
I always worry too if i do something daft whilst driving if it would put people off.

amirose
14-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking of doing something like that, but worried that I'll get a load of 'unknown' calls to my mobile with people messing around :rolleyes:
Too many bored teenagers around my area :mad:
I advertise my website instead for this reason. Takes a lot more effort to look up my site and get the number and think , for trouble makers, this is just too much effort!

Not sure if I have had business from it but it does make it known you are a minder so people hopefully remember you when they think or hear of someone needing childcare :thumbsup:

donnamarie2
14-03-2011, 11:18 AM
I advertise my website instead for this reason. Takes a lot more effort to look up my site and get the number and think , for trouble makers, this is just too much effort!

Not sure if I have had business from it but it does make it known you are a minder so people hopefully remember you when they think or hear of someone needing childcare :thumbsup:

What do you advertise your website on ?

amirose
14-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I have sunshades for the car made by amaranth embroidery, although I know she very recently told me she has had trouble getting more stock of these.
I have also had window stickers on my windows at home and I did get two mindees from these. I also had several parents ring up for childcare not through these window stickers but when I described the location they would say "ooo are you the lady with the stickers? I have driven past a few times" so they definitely worked.

Adiamond
14-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I have my business name and mobile number on the small side windows at the back of my Zafira. I don't think I have got any business from it BUT it gets your name out there whilst you are out and about :thumbsup:

I used to have the whole of my back window with advertising on it but I got sick of getting random silly text messages thats why I changed it to my side windows never had a problem with it this way!!!

X X

Baildon bears
14-03-2011, 05:44 PM
I have them, I have never had any problems with nuisance calls! . I get a lot of people asking about childminding because of them, I wanted them mainly for future business for example a new mum might walk past my house and see my sigh and remember me for future. They are only about 9 pounds for two though they do mark your doors a bit after long use and my last ones went a bit funny with the wet weather but then after 3 years I suppose they might :blush:

mushpea
14-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I used to advertise on my car with the magnetic signs from vista print,, a lady down the road from me saw them and I have been minding her 3 children for the last 3yrs,, I am very full at the moment but if i need to advertise again then I will put them back on the car,, the only thing is you have to be aware that as well as advertising your buisness you are setting an image for your buisness too so no road rage:panic: :laughing:

Ripeberry
14-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I have my business name and mobile number on the small side windows at the back of my Zafira. I don't think I have got any business from it BUT it gets your name out there whilst you are out and about :thumbsup:

I used to have the whole of my back window with advertising on it but I got sick of getting random silly text messages thats why I changed it to my side windows never had a problem with it this way!!!

X X

Great idea! What I've got at the moment is an 'NCMA registered CM' sticker on the back of my car where the garage sticker would be. So if I get a few stickers for the back windows (side), then they can get my details :thumbsup:

Penny1959
14-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I have a large window sticker on the back of my car with my website address on top line and Registered Childminder on second line.

Cost about £6 for two - well worth it

Penny :)

Mel_Johnson
14-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I have the magnetic car signs. If nothing else it get you know in your local area. Always worth a go. I think I pad £4 ish for each of mine but you can get them free too

jane5
14-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I have the ones that look like the baby on board window signs with suckers that stick to your window.

They were about £2 each from ebay, I haven't had any business from them yet but they have only been on 3 months but I hope that some one may have seen them and may phone in the future.

I haven't had any crank calls either.

Hebs
14-03-2011, 08:49 PM
i have a big sticker on the back of my car and handprints on the sides :D